Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phoenix carbon composite

Spit & polish

Looking at 35ft carbon composite anyone use one?

looking at getting it for skylights, only have a few houses with them so far, so only for these houses only then back to my gardiner pole.

Will take my 5 tread steps also to help get a bit more height and angle or am i better getting a 40ft pole.

Thanks

looking at getting it for skylights, only have a few houses with them so far, so only for these houses only then back to my gardiner pole.

Will take my 5 tread steps also to help get a bit more height and angle or am i better getting a 40ft pole.

Thanks
Expand  
i use my xtreme 25 for most skylights and an xtreme 47 for anything higher.....the problem with poles athat are not hi mod is they catch on the gutters because they are heavy and bendy........

I have 1 extension for my 22 already so maybe i should look at the 2nd gardenier extension which i think would take me to 30ft. Trying to build the round on ground and first floor houses but got 3 with skylights so far

I have 1 extension for my 22 already so maybe i should look at the 2nd gardenier extension which i think would take me to 30ft. Trying to build the round on ground and first floor houses but got 3 with skylights so far
just tell them you cant clean the skylights if you cant reach them.....its not worth the time and effort to add sections to your pole just for the odd window......its a waste of your time....it could add another 10 mins to the job by the time you ve faffed about....

like ive already said i can reach most of my jobs with skylights with my main 25ft pole,i can also reach most 3 storey windows too...

Did the house today, already keep the extension on my 22 but even standing on the stepladder today it must have been 10ft short. So even with 1 more extension i reckon 35ft at a push on top of the steps or a 40ft on the steps. 

Even with a full carbon pole you'll get potentially gutter slap or rub where the pole bends, I use a 22ft slx with 3 extensions and this happens to me on the odd job, you'll need a carbon gooseneck to lift the pole up a bit to avoid contact with the gutter, 

I am sure @AGlassAct on one job still had issues with an Xtreme making contact with the gutter on a solar panel clean. 

On the steps iron giant i was clearing the gutter just about 10ft short. When extended. But will add the carbon gooseneck to the list.

Why is it whatever job you do you start of with a few tools then end up with hundreds of bits! 

I thought when i started pole, squeegees, barrels etc would do now its swivel heads, extra backpacks, different brush heads!

Even with a full carbon pole you'll get potentially gutter slap or rub where the pole bends, I use a 22ft slx with 3 extensions and this happens to me on the odd job, you'll need a carbon gooseneck to lift the pole up a bit to avoid contact with the gutter, 

I am sure @AGlassAct on one job still had issues with an Xtreme making contact with the gutter on a solar panel clean. 
I use the supermax 3k @Iron Giant.  But as you suggest - you get gutter slap with whatever pole you use at 30ft plus. Using the longer goosenecks helps - the more height you can get at floor level the better. 

you wont get an xtreme pole catching the gutters if you use a carbon 90 degree gooseneck and use a standard xtreme brush....its light as a feather even virtually horizontally.....there is always some bend in the pole but nothing like a supermax or slx!

you wont get an xtreme pole catching the gutters if you use a carbon 90 degree gooseneck and use a standard xtreme brush....its light as a feather even virtually horizontally.....there is always some bend in the pole but nothing like a supermax or slx!
I have read your previous posts saying you use a carbon gooseneck . May I ask what angle and length of gooseneck you use?

I use the supermax 3k @Iron Giant.  But as you suggest - you get gutter slap with whatever pole you use at 30ft plus. Using the longer goosenecks helps - the more height you can get at floor level the better. 
If you only extend the top section half way or less it stiffens the pole up no end and prevents this happening. Obviously you need a longer pole to do this with but we find it works well we regularly do this with the ultimate  pole when doing solar panels , the pole doesn’t flex at all 

Thanks
My favorite pole prefer it to the Phantom.

No problem with skylights make sure to use the  FaceLift® Precision Angle Neck, Better clamps on the phantom but adds weight

Both carbon poles are rigid.   

Back