Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Gutter clearance on large hotel

Jay T

Posted (edited)

Tricky one here lads, how would you price a gutter clearance on a 4/5 storey hotel. It’s got awkward access. Lots of gutters, Various levels up to 60ft high. 

Edited by Jay T

By the sounds of it you'll need to get a MEWP and an operator to get you up to gutter height. To save time get some pro gutter tools and a long Harris pile.

So basically cost of hire plus your day rate, which for me on gutters is £500 a day.

I would put the camera up first to see how bad they are and if I feel we can do it from the ground , if we can then I would Price it very high as we are saving them a lot of money and inconvenience of scaffolding or mewps etc , if not I would decide what access equipment was going to work best for the job , scaffolding , scaffold towers ,mewp, cherry picker , then price the job up plus the equipment hire I always add a bit to the hire costs so we make a bit on that as well . 

scottish cleaning service
49 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I would put the camera up first to see how bad they are and if I feel we can do it from the ground , if we can then I would Price it very high as we are saving them a lot of money and inconvenience of scaffolding or mewps etc , if not I would decide what access equipment was going to work best for the job , scaffolding , scaffold towers ,mewp, cherry picker , then price the job up plus the equipment hire I always add a bit to the hire costs so we make a bit on that as well . 

They need to get their gutters cleaned out or their building insurance is null and void, sometimes I have to provide an invoice with the date on it for the insurance company to see it.

2 hours ago, Pjj said:

The only problem with this would be if they are part of a big chain. Wouldn't like to do a risk assessment or method statement for vaccing at 60' 😱 

1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

The only problem with this would be if they are part of a big chain. Wouldn't like to do a risk assessment or method statement for vaccing at 60' 😱 

Why not provided the rams is ok it’s not a problem, we do a lot for anchor/Hanover at this height and I deal directly with there H&S officer and he’s quite happy with us doing it 😎😎

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.