Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter clearance on large hotel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jay T

Tricky one here lads, how would you price a gutter clearance on a 4/5 storey hotel. It’s got awkward access. Lots of gutters, Various levels up to 60ft high. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would put the camera up first to see how bad they are and if I feel we can do it from the ground , if we can then I would Price it very high as we are saving them a lot of money and inconvenience of scaffolding or mewps etc , if not I would decide what access equipment was going to work best for the job , scaffolding , scaffold towers ,mewp, cherry picker , then price the job up plus the equipment hire I always add a bit to the hire costs so we make a bit on that as well . 

I would put the camera up first to see how bad they are and if I feel we can do it from the ground , if we can then I would Price it very high as we are saving them a lot of money and inconvenience of scaffolding or mewps etc , if not I would decide what access equipment was going to work best for the job , scaffolding , scaffold towers ,mewp, cherry picker , then price the job up plus the equipment hire I always add a bit to the hire costs so we make a bit on that as well . 
They need to get their gutters cleaned out or their building insurance is null and void, sometimes I have to provide an invoice with the date on it for the insurance company to see it.

The only problem with this would be if they are part of a big chain. Wouldn't like to do a risk assessment or method statement for vaccing at 60' ? 

The only problem with this would be if they are part of a big chain. Wouldn't like to do a risk assessment or method statement for vaccing at 60' ? 
Why not provided the rams is ok it’s not a problem, we do a lot for anchor/Hanover at this height and I deal directly with there H&S officer and he’s quite happy with us doing it ??

Latest Posts

Back