Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Budget WFP for a newbie

J-soper

I'm starting up my own window cleaning business as a side job to my main employment. I've been looking at poles and whilst I understand the clx is clearly the best budget pole it's still slightly out of my budget. I've been looking at water genie and brodex... Brodex seem to have a load of poor reviews but they all seem to be fairly old reviews... Water genie seem to have decent reviews but I'm debating the hybrid or the fibre glass? Any suggestions? 

@J-soperit probably depends on what work you will do. I can get away with a CLX18 (with an extension of I need it) for most of my work but I’m not full time. When I started I used a glass fibre Phoenix 18 from window cleaning warehouse. It was not really a problem if it was a standard house, but if the pole needed to be angled over a porch or conservatory it was far too bendy.

Anyone remember those fat yellow fibreglass poles? I don't remember who made them but they were everywhere at the time, I suppose they got the job done..

Anyone remember those fat yellow fibreglass poles? I don't remember who made them but they were everywhere at the time, I suppose they got the job done..
Seen one of those the other day prob 3 inch thick looked like it was self made clamps were plastic ?

I had an aluminium pole to start with and I wouldn’t recommend scimping on your pole it’s your main tool. Any pole will cost you at least £100 I should have thought- may as well spend £200 and get a tried and tested gardeners clx or slx

i had aluminium,  bayersan and brodex to begin with all **** was constantly putting new screws in clamps or glueing them back down don’t waste your money on anything but full carbon or carbon composite 

I'm starting up my own window cleaning business as a side job to my main employment. I've been looking at poles and whilst I understand the clx is clearly the best budget pole it's still slightly out of my budget. I've been looking at water genie and brodex... Brodex seem to have a load of poor reviews but they all seem to be fairly old reviews... Water genie seem to have decent reviews but I'm debating the hybrid or the fibre glass? Any suggestions? 
save up and buy the clx...the other 2 are really not worth buying mate...

Back