Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Big boy 2 back pack 100m hose

Hello, I set up at the beginning of this month started with back pack and a pole, I'm getting a fair bit of work that I'm happy about, but I'm getting fustrated lugging the back pack about on a trolly, would leaving the back pack in the van and connecting a 100m hose have a adverse effect on the motor? Also considering getting a baffled tank motor and controller, but as I'm starting out don't have a huge budget, iv found these bits for £500 on various Website is there a cheaper way?

Backpacks aren't designed to push water through 100 meters of hose 30 meters might be ok but it will shorten the life of the pump and battery , as soon as you are able to get a decent trolly or van mount this will make a huge difference to your working day .

@Mooghyi do a mix of wfp and traditional so I’m ok with a backpack, but they are a pain lugging them about if you have to do it often. I think I read backpacks are ok up to about 20 metres of hose, but after that they’d struggle a bit.

22 hours ago, Mooghy said:

Hello, I set up at the beginning of this month started with back pack and a pole, I'm getting a fair bit of work that I'm happy about, but I'm getting fustrated lugging the back pack about on a trolly, would leaving the back pack in the van and connecting a 100m hose have a adverse effect on the motor? Also considering getting a baffled tank motor and controller, but as I'm starting out don't have a huge budget, iv found these bits for £500 on various Website is there a cheaper way?

100mm of hose is pushing it beyond it limits

You have to consider that it's only a small bore diaphragm pump intended for an easy life. 20m is it's ideal length.

Build or buy a pump board with a flojet shurflo or other larger pump and run a pick up tube into barrels in the van wouldn't suit you better.

Lugging a trolley around is your only option and others more established than you do it daily

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.