Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Al Cam window cleaning

Al Campbell

hi  due to illness, I have not used my system for about 6 months.  found this morning the pump wont pump it sounds as though its running.

everything  is as I left it, noting has been disconnected. any ideas please?

Got an airlock in the system?

Disconnect everything after the pump and see if it pumps water out.

hi  due to illness, I have not used my system for about 6 months.  found this morning the pump wont pump it sounds as though its running.

everything  is as I left it, noting has been disconnected. any ideas please?
What steps have you taken to fault find?

A massive air lock

Blocked inline strainer mesh

Worn / split diaphragm

Is the water from the tank flowing via a tap and is it turned on

What steps have you taken to fault find?

A massive air lock

Blocked inline strainer mesh

Worn / split diaphragm

Is the water from the tank flowing via a tap and is it turned on
Hi Apw1210

As yet I've done nothing except to try and run the pump.

All systems are as I left them, nothing has been disconnected or switched on or off.

Hi Apw1210

As yet I've done nothing except to try and run the pump.

All systems are as I left them, nothing has been disconnected or switched on or off.
I say this alot as knowing your equipment and how it functions is key. Fault finding is as important as cleaning glass.

It's as simple as

Tank - flow controller - pump - hosereel - pole - brush

Unfortunately we can't see your setup or offer much help as your plumbing may be different to others

Turn your controller on

Make sure the tap from tank to pump is open if you have one

Set your flow rate to 99 and let it run for a few minutes without any restrictions. Disconnect your hosereel from the pump aswell open speeds up the process

Turn your controller on

Make sure the tap from tank to pump is open if you have one

Set your flow rate to 99 and let it run for a few minutes without any restrictions. Disconnect your hosereel from the pump aswell open speeds up the process
Hi again, my hose reel is not connected, i did run it for a few minutes on 80. It seemed like the inlet hose was pulsating like the pump but not the outlet

Connect a garden hose up to the inlet side of the pump after you have removed the inlet filter. Shurflo pumps have a 1/2" male thread that is the same as a Hozelok tap connector. Then very slowly open the garden tap. This will release the non-return valve inside the pump off its seat if that's the problem.

Connect a garden hose up to the inlet side of the pump after you have removed the inlet filter. Shurflo pumps have a 1/2" male thread that is the same as a Hozelok tap connector. Then very slowly open the garden tap. This will release the non-return valve inside the pump off its seat if that's the problem.

Thank you, I shall try that in the morning.  Fingers crossed

Disconnect the pump from the reel and put a short length of hose on to reach out of the van.

Put pump on full for a minute and see if the airlock clears.

That is probably the main issue.

Back