Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone going abroad on holiday

Pjj

Premium Member
As per heading is anyone going abroad and if so where and when ?? We have decided to stay in this country but hopefully might go away for  a bit later in the year , we are also going out for days in our local area that we haven’t explored before it’s surprising what you can find quite close to home that you have never been to before , having lived ware I am for 48 years or so we have found several places less than 20 miles from home that we have never been to before , I would love to go abroad but feel at the moment it’s more hassle than it’s worth and you don’t really know what you will be faced with when you get there ??

Down to my dads in Perranporth Cornwall for a week in July for his 80th birthday.

Folkstone ska festival for four days in September.

Lanzarote for a week in October with the wife and neighbours 

Teneriffe with the wife, two mates and their wives in January for a week . Come home for a week, then fly back out there with the lads from the pub (14 so far) for four days.

Vilamoura with my Millwall mates next June for a week.

Thought I’d hold back a bit because of the pandemic ?

As per heading is anyone going abroad and if so where and when ?? We have decided to stay in this country but hopefully might go away for  a bit later in the year , we are also going out for days in our local area that we haven’t explored before it’s surprising what you can find quite close to home that you have never been to before , having lived ware I am for 48 years or so we have found several places less than 20 miles from home that we have never been to before , I would love to go abroad but feel at the moment it’s more hassle than it’s worth and you don’t really know what you will be faced with when you get there ??
of course...i always book a holiday abroad the day i come back from one.....greece in september....should of gone on it last may(i paid for it in jan 2020!)..hopefully we ll get there this time....

of course...i always book a holiday abroad the day i come back from one.....greece in september....should of gone on it last may(i paid for it in jan 2020!)..hopefully we ll get there this time....
Greece is an amber country so you will have to isolate upon return to the uk for 10 days that’s the problem, 

Meant to be in Kassiopi next month but that got cancelled the day Prince Phillip died. I rebooked for September so hopefully things are clearer by then
Yes we go to Greece a lot and would love to go but just skeptical about it happening ????

No thank you..  rather pack up my basha and go spend a few nights getting rained on while on Dartmoor

Anyone escaping the country for a holiday is either over 70 or selfish enough not to worry about the worsening global Pandemic in my opinion

Prices have gone mental.

The cruise that was cancelled last year has gone up by 2.5k for next year. 
2 weeks around the med in a superior delux balcony cabin. 
It boils my pi55

No thank you..  rather pack up my basha and go spend a few nights getting rained on while on Dartmoor

Anyone escaping the country for a holiday is either over 70 or selfish enough not to worry about the worsening global Pandemic in my opinion
no.....i just love greece!the weather and people,the food.....they need our business too.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices have gone mental.

The cruise that was cancelled last year has gone up by 2.5k for next year. 
2 weeks around the med in a superior delux balcony cabin. 
It boils my pi55
Dear me that’s some price rise !!!!!! My wife works for a holiday letting company and some places for next year have increased there prices by hundreds of pounds a week .???

Haven’t been to Dartmoor or Exmoor in years now that’s given me an idear ..........

You must love the royal family a lot to cancel your holiday because Prince Philip died ?
He was born in Corfu, I was told by a custy that he'd died and within 5 minutes got an email from Jet2 saying the flight had been cancelled.

I'm 57 and will follow Government guidelines. It isn't my fault if the "experts" get it wrong.

Does Wales count? ?

Dear me that’s some price rise !!!!!! My wife works for a holiday letting company and some places for next year have increased there prices by hundreds of pounds a week .???

Haven’t been to Dartmoor or Exmoor in years now that’s given me an idear ..........
 Get on the moors and pay them a visit. Well worth it

hopefully, if everyone follows guidelines then we can all get back to whatever normal is going to be.
This is were it will all go Pete Tong, I watched the news last night and the Gov are relying on the public to do the right thing with this new variant numbers going up in the Blackburn and Bolton area they want the public to follow the guidance one woman said I'll do what I want and go visit my family

Back