Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suggestions for cleaning tank

J-soper

Hi all, picked up a new trailer with built in tank but having trouble getting my ppm down!  Filled the tank up (52ppm) and decided to just flush it through as the previous owner poured bleach in the tank to clean it for sale. However once its passed through the system its coming out really bad, water tested after pump but before filter - 558ppm water tested after filter - 286ppm. Now the filter definitely needs new resin but I'm wondering what I can do to clean the tank out as it is obviously contaminating the water? My thoughts were remove the old resin, stick a hose in the tank and turn it on for a few hose to just let fresh water flush out any crud... Any other suggestions? 

Just keep filling and dumping water until you get it to 000 might help to drive around with a half full tank to slosh it around a bit then pump it out  no easy solution Ime afrade , shouldn’t take more than a couple if tank fulls to do the job 

Just keep filling and dumping water until you get it to 000 might help to drive around with a half full tank to slosh it around a bit then pump it out  no easy solution Ime afrade , shouldn’t take more than a couple if tank fulls to do the job 
Thanks mate, recon its worth running all the filter with no resin to clean the insides out as well? 

Hi all, picked up a new trailer with built in tank but having trouble getting my ppm down!  Filled the tank up (52ppm) and decided to just flush it through as the previous owner poured bleach in the tank to clean it for sale. However once its passed through the system its coming out really bad, water tested after pump but before filter - 558ppm water tested after filter - 286ppm. Now the filter definitely needs new resin but I'm wondering what I can do to clean the tank out as it is obviously contaminating the water? My thoughts were remove the old resin, stick a hose in the tank and turn it on for a few hose to just let fresh water flush out any crud... Any other suggestions? 
I've always bleached or use Milton to clean tanks and flush with plenty of tap water. I also offer an IBC cleaning service as I have a rotary tank jetter

I have a question. I have to clean an old tank from scratch. It has a big baffle right down the middle, so I think scrubbing inside is out of the question. what should I do, step by step?

I have a question. I have to clean an old tank from scratch. It has a big baffle right down the middle, so I think scrubbing inside is out of the question. what should I do, step by step?
Like has been said above clean it with Milton. Swish it around a lot then dump the water keep repeating till it’s all clean and no contamination. Most tanks have the baffles. It helps the water in transportation. 

Get a toilet brush and stab it into some pipe so you have a long handle.

Back