Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

650L UNIT VAN MOUNTED WFP SYSTEM SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

There are soo many van mounted WFP systems like Grippa, Xline, Smart tank, Facelift, Pure Freedom, Aquapure? Which one is the best system? 

Any suggestions please? Also any systems I should avoid due to bad experiences?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shazad

• Part Timer

• windowsurfer

• Master Jedi Alejandro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish you'd actually share the reality not what you dreamt. You had all sorts of problems and delays. You also do about £800 a month of window cleaning so won't be anywhere near covering the cost of

I'd personally build your own system if you want to save money but having the basic skills is the key Building a system gives the user a better understanding of how it works and makes fault findi

I had to be there at 7am on a dark winter morning. I got into a fight with the sat nav after nearly running over a deer on an off road track through the farm! I passed their site and continued on down

Posted Images

7 hours ago, shazad said:

There are soo many van mounted WFP systems like Grippa, Xline, Smart tank, Facelift, Pure Freedom, Aquapure? Which one is the best system? 

Any suggestions please? Also any systems I should avoid due to bad experiences?

I'd personally build your own system if you want to save money but having the basic skills is the key

Building a system gives the user a better understanding of how it works and makes fault finding later on easier

All you need is a tank, frame, battery charging system, pump, controller and hosing

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
6 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

I'd personally build your own system if you want to save money but having the basic skills is the key

Building a system gives the user a better understanding of how it works and makes fault finding later on easier

All you need is a tank, frame, battery charging system, pump, controller and hosing

Thank you but I wouldn't know where to start with building my own system. Don't have the knowledge unfortunately.

steve garwood

GrippaTank. Expensive but worth it.

Good luck finding them though. Where they are based is like the set of the film ‘Deliverence’ 😩

I would say PF are the closest to you and they are an engineering company. Buy the tank etc from them, and get them to install it. I wouldn't get them to "Protektacote the floor as it's not very hard wearing. I personally wouldn't buy anything else from them though as there is far better equipment elsewhere. 

Cghwindowcleaning

Grippa tank are possibly the best out there followed by pure freedom and ionics which are all crash tested. The rest aren't.

scottish cleaning service

I've got a 650l Grippatank hotwater system installed. It was £10k and got it installed down in Cambridge 2 years ago. They sprayed a speedliner on floor to begin with because you will always have a drip or leak at some point in time. Worked hard to pay for it upfront but probably the best investment I have ever made and paid back many times. Getting Oliver to yearly service in July so never really lets me down. Running costs on a system like this is nominal because we don't have water meters up here. Less than £600 a year to maintain it and the nominal diesel cost to run it, I think its good value for money and I'm a Scot. 

Has anyone come across these Aquapure systems. Are they any good? They are costing around 4k new to include fitting and equipment in a Peugeot partner 850k Van. 

See attached picture.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Shazad

20210528_224540.jpg

2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Your van can't handle a 650l tank, you'll be pushing the limit with a 500kg tank

I spoke with Aquapure and they said if my van is is 850kg load it will hold the 650L tank.

Just now, shazad said:

I spoke with Aquapure and they said if my van is is 850kg load it will hold the 650L tank.

Not legally, if your payload is 850kgs then the water weighs 650kgs. You then have the bulkhead, spare tyre, weight of the frame and tank, 2 hose reels, 2 passengers, 60kgs of fuel etc etc. A van with a 1000kg payload won't take a 650l tank. 

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Not legally, if your payload is 850kgs then the water weighs 650kgs. You then have the bulkhead, spare tyre, weight of the frame and tank, 2 hose reels, 2 passengers, 60kgs of fuel etc etc. A van with a 1000kg payload won't take a 650l tank. 

Thanks for breaking it down mate. What your saying makes sense to me now. I will bear this in mind and look for a bigger van.

• Like 1

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 

3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I've got a 650l Grippatank hotwater system installed. It was £10k and got it installed down in Cambridge 2 years ago. They sprayed a speedliner on floor to begin with because you will always have a drip or leak at some point in time. Worked hard to pay for it upfront but probably the best investment I have ever made and paid back many times. Getting Oliver to yearly service in July so never really lets me down. Running costs on a system like this is nominal because we don't have water meters up here. Less than £600 a year to maintain it and the nominal diesel cost to run it, I think its good value for money and I'm a Scot. 

I wish you'd actually share the reality not what you dreamt. You had all sorts of problems and delays. You also do about £800 a month of window cleaning so won't be anywhere near covering the cost of the installation yet. My PF Webasto hot water system that generates far more revenue doesn't cost £600 a year to run let alone just service.

1 minute ago, ched999uk said:

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 

Yes you are right it is a guy in Preston. Thanks for your advice. Definitely Aquapure out of the question then. 

1 hour ago, shazad said:

Has anyone come across these Aquapure systems. Are they any good? They are costing around 4k new to include fitting and equipment in a Peugeot partner 850k Van. 

See attached picture.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Shazad

20210528_224540.jpg

You'll paying more for the 5 bar aluminium diamond plate which is a 5hite cover up for a basic system

Looks fancy but really it's nothing special

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, steve garwood said:

GrippaTank. Expensive but worth it.

Good luck finding them though. Where they are based is like the set of the film ‘Deliverence’ 😩

I had to be there at 7am on a dark winter morning. I got into a fight with the sat nav after nearly running over a deer on an off road track through the farm! I passed their site and continued on down the track refusing to acknowledge the sat nav informing me I've arrived! 

Edited by NewGuy
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

You'll paying more for the 5 bar aluminium diamond plate which is a 5hite cover up for a basic system

Looks fancy but really it's nothing special

Good stuff. Thanks for the advice. Will keep away from them. 

12 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

Grippa tank are possibly the best out there followed by pure freedom and ionics which are all crash tested. The rest aren't.

There customer service is 💩 I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole these days 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.