Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650L UNIT VAN MOUNTED WFP SYSTEM SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

shazad

There are soo many van mounted WFP systems like Grippa, Xline, Smart tank, Facelift, Pure Freedom, Aquapure? Which one is the best system? 

Any suggestions please? Also any systems I should avoid due to bad experiences?

There are soo many van mounted WFP systems like Grippa, Xline, Smart tank, Facelift, Pure Freedom, Aquapure? Which one is the best system? 

Any suggestions please? Also any systems I should avoid due to bad experiences?
I'd personally build your own system if you want to save money but having the basic skills is the key

Building a system gives the user a better understanding of how it works and makes fault finding later on easier

All you need is a tank, frame, battery charging system, pump, controller and hosing

I'd personally build your own system if you want to save money but having the basic skills is the key

Building a system gives the user a better understanding of how it works and makes fault finding later on easier

All you need is a tank, frame, battery charging system, pump, controller and hosing
Thank you but I wouldn't know where to start with building my own system. Don't have the knowledge unfortunately.

I would say PF are the closest to you and they are an engineering company. Buy the tank etc from them, and get them to install it. I wouldn't get them to "Protektacote the floor as it's not very hard wearing. I personally wouldn't buy anything else from them though as there is far better equipment elsewhere. 

I've got a 650l Grippatank hotwater system installed. It was £10k and got it installed down in Cambridge 2 years ago. They sprayed a speedliner on floor to begin with because you will always have a drip or leak at some point in time. Worked hard to pay for it upfront but probably the best investment I have ever made and paid back many times. Getting Oliver to yearly service in July so never really lets me down. Running costs on a system like this is nominal because we don't have water meters up here. Less than £600 a year to maintain it and the nominal diesel cost to run it, I think its good value for money and I'm a Scot. 

Has anyone come across these Aquapure systems. Are they any good? They are costing around 4k new to include fitting and equipment in a Peugeot partner 850k Van. 

See attached picture.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Shazad

20210528_224540.jpg

Not legally, if your payload is 850kgs then the water weighs 650kgs. You then have the bulkhead, spare tyre, weight of the frame and tank, 2 hose reels, 2 passengers, 60kgs of fuel etc etc. A van with a 1000kg payload won't take a 650l tank. 
Thanks for breaking it down mate. What your saying makes sense to me now. I will bear this in mind and look for a bigger van.

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 

I've got a 650l Grippatank hotwater system installed. It was £10k and got it installed down in Cambridge 2 years ago. They sprayed a speedliner on floor to begin with because you will always have a drip or leak at some point in time. Worked hard to pay for it upfront but probably the best investment I have ever made and paid back many times. Getting Oliver to yearly service in July so never really lets me down. Running costs on a system like this is nominal because we don't have water meters up here. Less than £600 a year to maintain it and the nominal diesel cost to run it, I think its good value for money and I'm a Scot. 
I wish you'd actually share the reality not what you dreamt. You had all sorts of problems and delays. You also do about £800 a month of window cleaning so won't be anywhere near covering the cost of the installation yet. My PF Webasto hot water system that generates far more revenue doesn't cost £600 a year to run let alone just service.

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 
Yes you are right it is a guy in Preston. Thanks for your advice. Definitely Aquapure out of the question then. 

Has anyone come across these Aquapure systems. Are they any good? They are costing around 4k new to include fitting and equipment in a Peugeot partner 850k Van. 

See attached picture.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Shazad

View attachment 24771
You'll paying more for the 5 bar aluminium diamond plate which is a 5hite cover up for a basic system

Looks fancy but really it's nothing special

GrippaTank. Expensive but worth it.

Good luck finding them though. Where they are based is like the set of the film ‘Deliverence’ ?
I had to be there at 7am on a dark winter morning. I got into a fight with the sat nav after nearly running over a deer on an off road track through the farm! I passed their site and continued on down the track refusing to acknowledge the sat nav informing me I've arrived! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised a Scotsman paid that for a hot paddling pool in the van, you can't even get into, you are obviously not from Fife, where the saying is, "you have to feed a fifer with a lang spoon". (To keep them away from your pockets)  I think that's the saying anyway

Latest Posts

Back