Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A little van racking today

laddergarder

Up to something alittle different today. I am replacing one of my old vans, so I have a bit of van racking to get on with today. Not something I have allot of patience for, but it does pay off getting things exactly where you want them in your van.

How many of you tackle this job yourselves and what little ideas gave came in handy for you?

20210528_131207.jpg

Up to something alittle different today. I am replacing one of my old vans, so I have a bit of van racking to get on with today. Not something I have allot of patience for, but it does pay off getting things exactly where you want them in your van.

How many of you tackle this job yourselves and what little ideas gave came in handy for you?

View attachment 24759
Absolute piece of cake. I'd smash that out in 20 mins then rewire a new system in 2 hours

Or put it in your hallway ? Sorry I couldn't resist. Have a great bank holiday weekend.
Aye its still there loaded up with stuff. Loaded up with stock before the price rise or vat rise. Just waiting for new van to fit them in but probably need a bigger house before anything else. I'm still 7 days a week at this game and still no lull in demand. ?

I bought an already assembled metal one. Easy to install and easy to transfer to another van.

Have a great extended weekend fellow windies, 3 days off in the lovely weather!

Well except for Scottish, who will be working, because I’m not sure if you’re aware, because he hasn’t mentioned it, but he’s busy don’t you know. ?

Pub time ???????‍? 

View attachment 24759
its important to me to have a tidy,neat,orderly van with everything i need in its place...it makes for an easier working day....

i bought some black door cards from grippa when i got my new van and swapped out the ply lining on my back doors.....racking is not need in my van(i have all my trad gear,cloths,etc neat my side door for easy access...

View attachment 19286

Have you got a profile tool which makes templating the cans inner profiles so easy.

Get plenty of 25x25mm CLS batten some wood glue and drylining screws which speeds up the job in hand

Also a few sheets of cardboard help with the design template
A big washer and pencil is the best profile tool once you get it cut roughly to shape.

A pretty much did this  except with a small block. Then the pencil its self to trim anything that needed alittle trim. A washer sounds like a good idea though.
It is as you can do it 1 handed with the pencil tip in the hole and support the wood with the other.

Back