Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheelie Bin for Water Tank.

Herm

Hi, 

Finally have all my kit arrive, I'm still undecided whether to have 400l baffled water tank inside the van or a wheelie bin that I can just take out of the van each time. 

Anyway, wanted to ask. If you are using a wheelie bin, do you use a ball valve to stop the bin over flowing? Also 120l or 240l bin? 

I ended upgrading my pw to a Briggs and Stratton v-twin 16hp motor and it's a heavy beast and don't want to be dragging it in and out every time. Help!! Not sure the best route to go down. Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, 

Finally have all my kit arrive, I'm still undecided whether to have 400l baffled water tank inside the van or a wheelie bin that I can just take out of the van each time. 

Anyway, wanted to ask. If you are using a wheelie bin, do you use a ball valve to stop the bin over flowing? Also 120l or 240l bin? 

I ended upgrading my pw to a Briggs and Stratton v-twin 16hp motor and it's a heavy beast and don't want to be dragging it in and out every time. Help!! Not sure the best route to go down. Thanks 
If you are using a larger machine such as the Dual Pumps evolution 2 i would highly recommend using a wheelie bin so the water feed and bypass return dip hoses are seperated to reduce the risk of air being sucked into the pump

A wheelie bin is a simple means of portability where a baffled tank in the van reduces portability and means working in close proximity to the vehicle

Keep it simple and get a wheelie bin mate

If you are using a larger machine such as the Dual Pumps evolution 2 i would highly recommend using a wheelie bin so the water feed and bypass return dip hoses are seperated to reduce the risk of air being sucked into the pump

A wheelie bin is a simple means of portability where a baffled tank in the van reduces portability and means working in close proximity to the vehicle

Keep it simple and get a wheelie bin mate
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I think you are right and I'll keep it simple. The problem is though are you taking the pw in and out of the van? This is something I really want to avoid if possible as it's a ball breaker. Also are you using a ball valve to cut off the supply when it's getting full?

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I think you are right and I'll keep it simple. The problem is though are you taking the pw in and out of the van? This is something I really want to avoid if possible as it's a ball breaker. Also are you using a ball valve to cut off the supply when it's getting full?
Yes I have an evolution 2 it's only 64kg and I lift it out of the van.

How would you clean a rear patio if the pressure washer is in the van and you had steps upto the property.

Being selective will lose you work

My pressure washer is always with 20 metres away from me and I have two hoses 1x10m 1x30m

Leaving a pressure washer in the van will get stolen if you can't see it.

If you can't lift it get ramps

If your worried about not being able to confidently wheel it down a short ramp get a seat belt style fall arrester.

The main fact with this job is fitness. Being able to lift carry and graft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is 100kgs so it goes in on March and comes out in October. I have 70m of hose but only use 40m at moment. I have about 70m of tap hose but my problem is when I can't see my van because the side door must stay open. I lock the back doors and front doors and have to take my wfp with me so nothing of value in side area.

Yes I have an evolution 2 it's only 64kg and I lift it out of the van.

How would you clean a rear patio of the pressure washer is in the van and you had steps upto the property.

Being selective will lose you work

My pressure washer is always with 20 metres away from me and I have two hoses 1x10m 1x30m

Leaving a pressure washer in the van will get stolen if you can't see it.

If you can't lift it get ramps

If your worried about not being able to confidently wheel it down a short ramp get a seat belt style fall arrester.

The main fact with this job is fitness. Being able to lift carry and craft.
Yeah, I think mine is the best part of 90kg. I think ramps are a good option so this might be what I look at, I see no problem getting it in and out with them, though lifting the unit from the floor into the van and out would be mental. 

Thank you.

Hi, 

We use a 240 ltr wheely bin we store the hoses and lances in it until we arrive at the job tk minimise space taken up by kit , as soon as we get tk the job we put it on to fill and by the time we have set everything up it’s usually 3/4 full evan on a poor tap  supply 

We use a 240 ltr wheely bin we store the hoses and lances in it until we arrive at the job tk minimise space taken up by kit , as soon as we get tk the job we put it on to fill and by the time we have set everything up it’s usually 3/4 full evan on a poor tap  supply 
I bought a two way tap splitter in case there is two outside taps or I can use an inside tap or neighbours. Great when there is poor pressure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Garden-Irrigation-Matching-connectors/dp/B01DKGO0IS/ref=sr_1_23?crid=BVK3RYPIUSC5&dchild=1&keywords=two+way+tap+connector&qid=1622312826&sprefix=two+way+tap%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-23

brilliant thank you! Going to order some up.

brilliant tip! Thanks Pjj , this forum has been a life saver.

Are you all using normal hoses? I've been looking at getting some expanding hoses or do you think this is a bad idea?

Aye, its handy but you need a few 30m hoses to go with it. I'm thinking of getting that expanding hose to save in weight and size but not sure how long it will last.
ha, you read my mind

Are you all using normal hoses? I've been looking at getting some expanding hoses or do you think this is a bad idea?

ha, you read my mind
We use tricoflex yellow 1/2 hose it is slightly bigger than some hose and doesn’t generally kink and lasts years , we have about 59 meters of it and find that’s more than enough on 99% of all jobs 

haha, I'm the same. The delivery driver just as well move in as he's here daily!  What would you suggest getting like x2 lots of 30m or 30m + 20m
I have 2 reels of 25m's and the 30m goes in the bin. Only take the reels when I know I will use them. Trying to visit jobs before I price them because I have been caught out a few times too many. Difficult jobs get a high price so I don't get them especially when I'm busy. ?

Latest Posts

Back