Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diluting detergent

Taz69

At the moment I'm using a bucket to carry my liquids in. However I want to start using bottles to carry my liquids and use my bucket on a belt to hold my liquids in. Ive found that when I'm diluting my detergent in the bottles, one cap in 2l of water it becomes really foamy. I put the water in the bottle first and then add the detergent. Is there a specific way to do this so it doesnt half go to foam? I'm fairly new to the industry so trying to find out how everyone else does things. Thanks guys

At the moment I'm using a bucket to carry my liquids in. However I want to start using bottles to carry my liquids and use my bucket on a belt to hold my liquids in. Ive found that when I'm diluting my detergent in the bottles, one cap in 2l of water it becomes really foamy. I put the water in the bottle first and then add the detergent. Is there a specific way to do this so it doesnt half go to foam? I'm fairly new to the industry so trying to find out how everyone else does things. Thanks guys
The best advice mate is play around until you find something that works.

It will foam up in the bottle as the suspended liquid is being agitated when shaken.

I just squirt my soap into the bucket. 2 seconds I find is plenty

It's a lazy method using a bottle in opinion and having a soap heavy applicator is awful.

Try using Ecover or GG3

The best advice mate is play around until you find something that works.

It will foam up in the bottle as the suspended liquid is being agitated when shaken.

I just squirt my soap into the bucket. 2 seconds I find is plenty

It's a lazy method using a bottle in opinion and having a soap heavy applicator is awful.

Try using Ecover or GG3
Putting soap only in the bucket is old fashioned these days, having a 'soap heavy' applicator gives so much more slip. ? I wouldn't go back, but each to their own. ?

We put water in the bucket then squirt a bit off GG3 into the water it doesn’t foam up much if using a bottle fill with water then add the soap and just give it a little upside down and upright movement and it will be mixed ok , using washing up liquid it will foam up way to much .  

Have your applicator charged with water and add a small stream of detergent to each side, And carry a bottle of water to use on the applicator as and when required, plus some spare detergent in a small bottle to add if needed. The BOAB is to carry the applicator and squeegees,and collect the drips off the applicator.

Back