Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Bit hot hear today 😡😡😡😡

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pjj

• steve garwood

• Part Timer

• NewGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have to wear sunglasses all the time even on a cloudy day because my futures so bright!

I’m just paraphrasing the meteorologist 👍 A top tip for those without air con. When it’s boiling hot always drive around with all your windows fully closed. That way you’ll fool others into

To be fair it's about bloody time!! I was beginning to think summer wasn't ever going to start!!

Posted Images

Very hot on Friday working on the top of the island, much nicer when I was able to drop down to the coast. I guess we are going to have to get used to it.

its bearable because i work 5 or 6 hour days,have air con on in the van at lunchtime to cool off,plenty of water,tea,coffee,fruit plus suncream,polarised sunglasses and baseball cap.....😀

3 hours ago, Pjj said:

Evan hotter now time to go home me thinks 🤪🤪🤪

E359BA51-4C41-4130-93FB-581F118E36B9.jpeg

i was already home filling my van up for tomorrow by that time!🤣

steve garwood
4 hours ago, Pjj said:

Evan hotter now time to go home me thinks 🤪🤪🤪

E359BA51-4C41-4130-93FB-581F118E36B9.jpeg

That’s the temperature inside the van.

It definitely was not 30 degrees in Cornwall today 👍

25 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Or parked in the sun light

1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

No it’s the temperature outside , van and three cars all reading the same , the lowest temperature we have had ware we have been working  is 25 it’s still 20 degrees outside now .

steve garwood
Just now, Pjj said:

No it’s the temperature outside , van and three cars all reading the same , the lowest temperature we have had ware we have been working  is 25 it’s still 20 degrees outside now .

Nonsense. Just watched the weather and they said the highest temperature in the country today was 25.

Just now, steve garwood said:

Nonsense. Just watched the weather and they said the highest temperature in the country today was 25.

Do you believe everything on the tv or news ??? It does vary a bit from area to area we were working in a very sheltered area in Hayle this morning which was 26:5, and this afternoon at Gwinear again a very sheltered spot with not even a breeze  and 30:5 believe it or not doesn’t matter to me 😂😂😂

steve garwood
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Do you believe everything on the tv or news ??? It does vary a bit from area to area we were working in a very sheltered area in Hayle this morning which was 26:5, and this afternoon at Gwinear again a very sheltered spot with not even a breeze  and 30:5 believe it or not doesn’t matter to me 😂😂😂

Well believe it or not, just checked on my phone and it was Scotland that had the highest temperature today at 25 degrees.

Cornwall is like the artic circle compared to the south east 😁😘

12 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

it was 27c in the north west this afternoon....

1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Well believe it or not, just checked on my phone and it was Scotland that had the highest temperature today at 25 degrees.

Cornwall is like the artic circle compared to the south east 😁😘

The met office don’t have temperature readings from every place in the country quite often they will say there is a 3 foot swell on the south coast we go down to porthleven and it’s double to treble that , Ime not saying that the van and cars are 100% accurate but it's generally within a degree or two one reading was from my van and the other two from customers cars BMW X5 and a merc Slk so a variety of vehicles with different age ranges but all reading the same . 

steve garwood
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

The met office don’t have temperature readings from every place in the country quite often they will say there is a 3 foot swell on the south coast we go down to porthleven and it’s double to treble that , Ime not saying that the van and cars are 100% accurate but it's generally within a degree or two one reading was from my van and the other two from customers cars BMW X5 and a merc Slk so a variety of vehicles with different age ranges but all reading the same . 

My van often reads a much higher temperature than it actually is.

160D89CE-2D4D-47CE-9E67-21AA0DC0E874.png

3 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

My van often reads a much higher temperature than it actually is.

160D89CE-2D4D-47CE-9E67-21AA0DC0E874.png

Yes that’s not surprising you drive a Ford 😂😂😂😂😬bit like there Speedo’s always read much faster than you are actually doing 😂😂😂😂 I have had that years ago with ford vehicles hopeless optimistic 😂😂😂😂 

steve garwood
Just now, Pjj said:

Yes that’s not surprising you drive a Ford 😂😂😂😂😬bit like there Speedo’s always read much faster than you are actually doing 😂😂😂😂 I have had that years ago with ford vehicles hopeless optimistic 😂😂😂😂 

Wouldn’t change my custom for any other van out there 

1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Wouldn’t change my custom for any other van out there 

They arnt a bad van , I had one for a day as a demo but it’s not something I would buy reminded me of my renault cheap plastic and silver painted trim , and lots of issues that ford denied and will do nothing about , stop start ,battery life and charging issues , security , easy to break into , fracturing alloy wheels ,just to name a few etc I think they appeal to the boy racers with all the trim and big alloys but that’s not practical for a working van looks nice for a day van or camper though . 

The official thermometer here lives in a louvred box up at the airport, pretty much as high as you can get and open to any cooling breeze that there is. Thermometers in customers gardens which are often more sheltered usually read quite a bit higher than the official temperature, I have seen over 40 degrees. As I don't work in a louvred box I view the official figure with some scepticism.

• Agree 3

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.