Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bit hot hear today ????

Very hot on Friday working on the top of the island, much nicer when I was able to drop down to the coast. I guess we are going to have to get used to it.

That’s the temperature inside the van.

It definitely was not 30 degrees in Cornwall today ?
No it’s the temperature outside , van and three cars all reading the same , the lowest temperature we have had ware we have been working  is 25 it’s still 20 degrees outside now .

No it’s the temperature outside , van and three cars all reading the same , the lowest temperature we have had ware we have been working  is 25 it’s still 20 degrees outside now .
Nonsense. Just watched the weather and they said the highest temperature in the country today was 25.

Nonsense. Just watched the weather and they said the highest temperature in the country today was 25.
Do you believe everything on the tv or news ??? It does vary a bit from area to area we were working in a very sheltered area in Hayle this morning which was 26:5, and this afternoon at Gwinear again a very sheltered spot with not even a breeze  and 30:5 believe it or not doesn’t matter to me ???

Do you believe everything on the tv or news ??? It does vary a bit from area to area we were working in a very sheltered area in Hayle this morning which was 26:5, and this afternoon at Gwinear again a very sheltered spot with not even a breeze  and 30:5 believe it or not doesn’t matter to me ???
Well believe it or not, just checked on my phone and it was Scotland that had the highest temperature today at 25 degrees.

Cornwall is like the artic circle compared to the south east ??

Well believe it or not, just checked on my phone and it was Scotland that had the highest temperature today at 25 degrees.

Cornwall is like the artic circle compared to the south east ??
The met office don’t have temperature readings from every place in the country quite often they will say there is a 3 foot swell on the south coast we go down to porthleven and it’s double to treble that , Ime not saying that the van and cars are 100% accurate but it's generally within a degree or two one reading was from my van and the other two from customers cars BMW X5 and a merc Slk so a variety of vehicles with different age ranges but all reading the same . 

The met office don’t have temperature readings from every place in the country quite often they will say there is a 3 foot swell on the south coast we go down to porthleven and it’s double to treble that , Ime not saying that the van and cars are 100% accurate but it's generally within a degree or two one reading was from my van and the other two from customers cars BMW X5 and a merc Slk so a variety of vehicles with different age ranges but all reading the same . 
My van often reads a much higher temperature than it actually is.

160D89CE-2D4D-47CE-9E67-21AA0DC0E874.png

Yes that’s not surprising you drive a Ford ?????bit like there Speedo’s always read much faster than you are actually doing ???? I have had that years ago with ford vehicles hopeless optimistic ???? 
Wouldn’t change my custom for any other van out there 

Wouldn’t change my custom for any other van out there 
They arnt a bad van , I had one for a day as a demo but it’s not something I would buy reminded me of my renault cheap plastic and silver painted trim , and lots of issues that ford denied and will do nothing about , stop start ,battery life and charging issues , security , easy to break into , fracturing alloy wheels ,just to name a few etc I think they appeal to the boy racers with all the trim and big alloys but that’s not practical for a working van looks nice for a day van or camper though . 

The official thermometer here lives in a louvred box up at the airport, pretty much as high as you can get and open to any cooling breeze that there is. Thermometers in customers gardens which are often more sheltered usually read quite a bit higher than the official temperature, I have seen over 40 degrees. As I don't work in a louvred box I view the official figure with some scepticism.

The official thermometer here lives in a louvred box up at the airport, pretty much as high as you can get and open to any cooling breeze that there is. Thermometers in customers gardens which are often more sheltered usually read quite a bit higher than the official temperature, I have seen over 40 degrees. As I don't work in a louvred box I view the official figure with some scepticism.
Exactly I live just one mile away from RNAS Culdrose a navy air base and they have a weather station there used by the met office and we regularly get a much higher temperature in our garden because it’s sheltered on the air field it’s windy so cooler  

Latest Posts

Back