Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shorts, Glorious Shorts

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Alright lads!

It's that time of year! Only a month ago I had to down tools as it was freezing over outside, and now I'm wishing I had booked shorter days!

Unfortunately, due to a bit of lockdown weight, I canny fit in my old shorts and instead I'm having to use my bright pink ones. As much as I love them, probably not the best when I'm out working. ?

So, anyone got any recommendation for decent shorts? Waterproof ones even? I know that doesn't seem right but we can still get the odd shower even when its hot outside! ?

I use scruffs work trousers and shorts you can get them from toolstation and screwfix the shorts come like the trousers with all the pockets etc at the top with zips so handy to keep your phone and money in. 

englebert strauss ES MOTION shorts....i bought a couple of pairs a few months ago....not waterproof but plenty of pockets,comfortable plus they have extra stretch elastic inside the front of them so if you put on a bit of weight they still fit......best work shorts ive ever bought!highly recommended!?

I use Craghopper, Regatta or Hi Gear lightweight hiking trousers with zip off legs. Cheap as chips, light and airy, quick drying while wearing, enough pockets for a card wallet and for the takings from a few jobs before securing the money in the van. I like lightweight trousers as I'm no longer working on civil engineering.

Alright lads!

It's that time of year! Only a month ago I had to down tools as it was freezing over outside, and now I'm wishing I had booked shorter days!

Unfortunately, due to a bit of lockdown weight, I canny fit in my old shorts and instead I'm having to use my bright pink ones. As much as I love them, probably not the best when I'm out working. ?

So, anyone got any recommendation for decent shorts? Waterproof ones even? I know that doesn't seem right but we can still get the odd shower even when its hot outside! ?
Toolstation Lee Cooper work shorts for me and comfy slipper like Globe skate trainers, the perfect work combo

20210601_185453.jpg

I'll be honest with you..

The sizing is pretty spot on

The quality control  / finish is 5hit

lots of loose thread and badly cut excess material

Belt loops are in the wrong places on the waistband as there needs to be 4 extra added in total
Thanks man! Not too worried though as they are cheap, though! I'll probably buy a couple of pairs and cycle them. Thanks mate!

Thanks man! Not too worried though as they are cheap, though! I'll probably buy a couple of pairs and cycle them. Thanks mate!
I have found lightweight walking shorts from regatta to be very good. Quick drying ultra lightweight and pockets big enough for phone, van keys, scraper & tips

I got my cargo shorts from Primark £10 a pair.  Good fit and length just above the knee.  Still got couple of pairs from last year that I wear all the time when not working.  However you've left it late, I would expect they'll all be sold out by now.  Even Mcdonalds is running out of ice cream and milkshakes.  

Everything is selling out that is summer related.  Think there is either pent up demand or supply line issues or both.  

I'll be honest with you..

The sizing is pretty spot on

The quality control  / finish is 5hit

lots of loose thread and badly cut excess material

Belt loops are in the wrong places on the waistband as there needs to be 4 extra added in total
Did you ever think of going into sales and advertising? ?

Did you ever think of going into sales and advertising? ?
I was referring to your clothing appraisal.

It started off well I thought with line one, was pretty good at line two, but definitely nosedived into the hillside with lines three four and five. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my cargo shorts from Primark £10 a pair.  Good fit and length just above the knee.  Still got couple of pairs from last year that I wear all the time when not working.  However you've left it late, I would expect they'll all be sold out by now.  Even Mcdonalds is running out of ice cream and milkshakes.  

Everything is selling out that is summer related.  Think there is either pent up demand or supply line issues or both.  
ive just tried to order a new prescription medicine this morning(a statin drug i take every day)and the ******** are having supply issues and dont know when theyll have it in stock again.....?

Back