Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to sell my window cleaning round? How do you much is it worth?

Dunk

Hi! everyone.... I have been a window cleaner for 10 years, and decided to move on and sell my round, but unsure what its worth.

I have the following:

84 clients on a 6 week cycle = £3063

17 clients on an 8 week cycle = £800

A block of flats £250 a month

All residential, no commercial... i don't want to be greedy, what do you think?

There are so many variables , is it compact, how do they pay , access and parking , how long it takes to compleat the work are just a few points , but most work is advertised between 4-5 times the monthly price , but something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , but I would think it has to be minimum 4x monthly turn over .

It might be worth putting a location and if it's trad or wfp.

Normally 3 to 6 x monthly income. So about £7500 to £14000. It does depend on area, how the custy pay, if anyone is interested etc.

Hi! everyone.... I have been a window cleaner for 10 years, and decided to move on and sell my round, but unsure what its worth.

I have the following:

so your looking at around £32k a year after 4 weeks holiday/some jobs skipped,etc.....so it works out at around £2,600 per month for 12 months a year......

5 x £2,600 =£13,000 if your lucky and find the right person who ll buy the round outright....

how long does the round take to complete?if its part time hours then theres  plenty of scope to build up and make it more lucrative....

I have the following:

There are some very good averages there, more info would help people to advise better. You also say no commercial, aren't the flats done through a PM Company.

I have the following:

Very vague and lacking crucial information

Give you a tenner

There are some very good averages there, more info would help people to advise better. You also say no commercial, aren't the flats done through a PM Company.
Yes, an average of £36 per customer for the 6 weekly and £47 for the 8 weekly.

At those prices, I suspect he's  in London or Surrey... 

Interesting thread, I often wonder the same thing. My little enterprise drops about £3k per month into my bank and the jobs are done on my days off between working as a firefighter, probably on average 3 days per week. 

Looking at the valuations on here, I reckon mines got to be worth around £12k.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said above you’ll probably get between 4 and 6 times monthly earnings. 

it’s all nonsense really. 

If you offered me 15 houses scattered about a village where you were in and out of the van all day , and ended up earning £25-30per hr , to me it’s virtually worthless. You might as well canvass it. 

On the other hand if it’s 15 well priced houses in a cul de sac that you can knock out in a day and get £350-£400 for, and only move the van 50 Mtrs to me It’d be worth a lot of money. Way more than 6 times.

Unless you get seriously lucky you just can’t canvass and get  stuff like that. 

I bet both will cost similar money though to buy. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thread, I often wonder the same thing. My little enterprise drops about £3k per month into my bank and the jobs are done on my days off between working as a firefighter, probably on average 3 days per week. 

Looking at the valuations on here, I reckon mines got to be worth around £12k.
you must be fairly well off if your earning around £3k a month in a side line job to your main job as a firefighter!

you must be fairly well off if your earning around £3k a month in a side line job to your main job as a firefighter!
Ordinary I'd agree, however, I'm two years post separation from my ex wife and as our youngest adult son has autism and needed a stable home I willingly gave up £350k equity from our home and started rebuilding a deposit for myself. 

£3k is the income, you've got to deduct the cost of running the van, advertising, providing the equipment and all other associated running costs. What's left is profit and then the HMRC want 20% of that for doing the square root of f*** all.

Despite all that, I'm doing well and if I keep grinding it out hopefully I'll have a place of my own in the not too distant future.

Ordinary I'd agree, however, I'm two years post separation from my ex wife and as our youngest adult son has autism and needed a stable home I willingly gave up £350k equity from our home and started rebuilding a deposit for myself. 

£3k is the income, you've got to deduct the cost of running the van, advertising, providing the equipment and all other associated running costs. What's left is profit and then the HMRC want 20% of that for doing the square root of f*** all.

Despite all that, I'm doing well and if I keep grinding it out hopefully I'll have a place of my own in the not too distant future.
Well done. Putting your child first irrespective of your ex. Well done.

Way too many parents can't put kids first. So we'll done. Hope you have a place of your own soon and your son can come and call it his second home. 

Well done. Putting your child first irrespective of your ex. Well done.

Way too many parents can't put kids first. So we'll done. Hope you have a place of your own soon and your son can come and call it his second home. 
That's the plan. Thanks for your kind words.

There are so many variables , is it compact, how do they pay , access and parking , how long it takes to compleat the work are just a few points , but most work is advertised between 4-5 times the monthly price , but something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , but I would think it has to be minimum 4x monthly turn over .
Hi Pjj.

Im based in Surrey, so parking is not a problem as its private estates, and large drive ways etc. I can prove my earning in the last 4 years.

I use WFP system, payment is bank transfer.. except for one or two elderly clients who pay cheque or cash.

Plenty of scope if you want to push gutters, patio clean, soft wash etc

The properties vary in size from £185 - £20... 

Turned over 2019 - 2020 =£27686

2018 -2019 =£32952

2017- 2018 = £30762

2016 - 2017 = £38915

I was think £8500.. maybe too cheap??

It might be worth putting a location and if it's trad or wfp.

Normally 3 to 6 x monthly income. So about £7500 to £14000. It does depend on area, how the custy pay, if anyone is interested etc.
Hi Ched999uk, thanks for the reply, im wfp, proof of earnings around the 30000 for the year. I was thinking 8500..But as you rightly say, it depends what some wants to pay for it.

Hi Pjj.

Im based in Surrey, so parking is not a problem as its private estates, and large drive ways etc. I can prove my earning in the last 4 years.

I use WFP system, payment is bank transfer.. except for one or two elderly clients who pay cheque or cash.

Plenty of scope if you want to push gutters, patio clean, soft wash etc

The properties vary in size from £185 - £20... 

Turned over 2019 - 2020 =£27686

2018 -2019 =£32952

2017- 2018 = £30762

2016 - 2017 = £38915

I was think £8500.. maybe too cheap??
Most seam to advertise 4-6 times the monthly price of the job , you can always ask for more and if no joy selling then reduce it a bit 

so your looking at around £32k a year after 4 weeks holiday/some jobs skipped,etc.....so it works out at around £2,600 per month for 12 months a year......

5 x £2,600 =£13,000 if your lucky and find the right person who ll buy the round outright....

how long does the round take to complete?if its part time hours then theres  plenty of scope to build up and make it more lucrative....
Cheers Dazmond, Plenty of scope... as i still have plenty of time off. Plus other services can be provided.  

Latest Posts

Back