Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Looking to sell my window cleaning round? How do you much is it worth?

Just thought, since the tightening of the data protection laws, is there any problems that could arise from passing on contact information without their express permission? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dunk

• Pjj

• dazmond

• Dave B

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordinary I'd agree, however, I'm two years post separation from my ex wife and as our youngest adult son has autism and needed a stable home I willingly gave up £350k equity from our home and started

Well done. Putting your child first irrespective of your ex. Well done. Way too many parents can't put kids first. So we'll done. Hope you have a place of your own soon and your son can come and

I would not tell my customers that I was selling a round. Nor would I tell new customers I'd bought their round. I see it from the customer's point of view. I'd be most p...d off to be treated like a

8 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Would you introduce the buyer to the customers only after the round is sold? 

This would make sense so that any potential buyer doesn't pull a fast one and canvas the customers to avoid buying the round. 

Yes after they have paid up 

6 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Just thought, since the tightening of the data protection laws, is there any problems that could arise from passing on contact information without their express permission? 

That’s an Interesting question   I have customers permission to keep there details fir the purpose of running a business but as for passing that on to a new cleaner I don’t know , guess technically you need there permission to pass it on ??  

• Agree 2

Data protection laws don't effect the transfer or sale of business goodwill because the data held is only for the purpose of the business itself, which is essentially address and contact numbers that the customer has already given consent to give in the scope of supplied services.

If however you had information surplus to the requirements of the business (As you get to know customers you learn more about their jobs, family members, financial information etc), and this information is held on a database/sold on then you could be in a spot of bother.

I received a questionnaire that had to fill in from the ICO, long and short of it as long the data you hold is for the advantage if your own business, and for the exclusive use of your business, then your ok. This includes selling the business..

14 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Data protection laws don't effect the transfer or sale of business goodwill because the data held is only for the purpose of the business itself, which is essentially address and contact numbers that the customer has already given consent to give in the scope of supplied services.

If however you had information surplus to the requirements of the business (As you get to know customers you learn more about their jobs, family members, financial information etc), and this information is held on a database/sold on then you could be in a spot of bother.

I received a questionnaire that had to fill in from the ICO, long and short of it as long the data you hold is for the advantage if your own business, and for the exclusive use of your business, then your ok. This includes selling the business..

The whole thing is a bit of a legal nightmare I think , but doubt a window cleaner should face any issues , I think all this is more than likely to affect big companies with losses of customers data like we have seen in the news over the last few years 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.