Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

UPVC Stains TFR

joely_bland

Hi guys

I’ve been cleaning a conservatory inside and I was using some TFR in a spray bottle as I went along. Stupidly, I sprayed one side ahead of time to let it start working in and the heat had caused it to stain. Literally so stupid.   Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can remove the stains?  

Thanks 

FF04FB25-002B-4810-BCC1-5160BAF0ACAB.jpeg

48 minutes ago, joely_bland said:

Hi guys

I’ve been cleaning a conservatory inside and I was using some TFR in a spray bottle as I went along. Stupidly, I sprayed one side ahead of time to let it start working in and the heat had caused it to stain. Literally so stupid.   Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I can remove the stains?  

Thanks 

Oh dear lesson learned 😬😬😬 try some cif cream cleaner of pink stuff other than that no I ruined a conservatory years ago with tfr and it was diluted correctly I have never used it since 

• Like 1

Maybe a stronger (concentrated) solution of the TFR. I’ve done this before and it was the only thing that shifted it. Of course it was the last thing I tried as - who in their right mind would put more of something on that’s already stained something 🤣

5 minutes ago, AGlassAct said:

Maybe a stronger (concentrated) solution of the TFR. I’ve done this before and it was the only thing that shifted it. Of course it was the last thing I tried as - who in their right mind would put more of something on that’s already stained something 🤣

I tried that but it didn’t help at all 😰😰

ShropsWindowCleaner
2 hours ago, joely_bland said:

Hi guys

Thanks 

Isopropyl alcohol might work. 👍🏻

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

I tried everything imaginable including solvent cleaner didn’t touch it the tfr left a shiny yellow varnish look in streaks on the glass and plastic not evan a scraper would remove it , was really strange never had it happen before but have never used it since always use Virosol ( for  the last 15 years ) without any problems. 

scottish cleaning service
41 minutes ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

I did something similar and only petrol would take it off, never did it again though.

• Like 1

Not sure the owner would be too happy if he used petrol on the inside of her conservatory. They'll all be on a free high! So long as they don't light the candles 🙈👀

• Haha 1
joely_bland
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

I tried everything imaginable including solvent cleaner didn’t touch it the tfr left a shiny yellow varnish look in streaks on the glass and plastic not evan a scraper would remove it , was really strange never had it happen before but have never used it since always use Virosol ( for  the last 15 years ) without any problems. 

Same here. I had Isopropyl alcohol, solvent cleaner and some cream cleaner and it did nothing. Thanks for mentioning the Virosol…think I’m more keen on using that going forward 🙈 Lesson learnt!

1 minute ago, joely_bland said:

Same here. I had Isopropyl alcohol, solvent cleaner and some cream cleaner and it did nothing. Thanks for mentioning the Virosol…think I’m more keen on using that going forward 🙈 Lesson learnt!

Virosol is good stuff dilute it 10-1 and you won’t have a problem evan if it dries out in bright sunlight scrub it with water and it will foam up and come off no problem we have used it for 15 years now on thousands of jobs never once had a problem , it can and will leave brown marks on concrete if spilt neat though but does fade with time or if wet will just leave a clean spot 😂😂

• Like 1
windowsurfer

Try tears, it's a mix of salt and water that comes out of your eyes when a problem happens, might not sort issue, but you might feel better. 

Thats a shame you have had that problem, hope you get it sorted.

joely_bland
1 hour ago, windowsurfer said:

Try tears, it's a mix of salt and water that comes out of your eyes when a problem happens, might not sort issue, but you might feel better. 

Thats a shame you have had that problem, hope you get it sorted.

😂😂😂😂 I was on the verge of using some of that!! Unbelievably, I turned up the next day to sort it and it had faded an awful lot and The Pink Stuff worked a treat. Plenty of elbow grease and it looked new! I couldn’t believe it 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, joely_bland said:

😂😂😂😂 I was on the verge of using some of that!! Unbelievably, I turned up the next day to sort it and it had faded an awful lot and The Pink Stuff worked a treat. Plenty of elbow grease and it looked new! I couldn’t believe it 

Good to know how you removed it. Cheers

32 minutes ago, joely_bland said:

As I have said, I have used nearly every pvc cleaner I could get my hands on and I still haven't found anything better than 'the pink stuff'. Hard to believe I only paid a pound a tub.

54 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

As I have said, I have used nearly every pvc cleaner I could get my hands on and I still haven't found anything better than 'the pink stuff'. Hard to believe I only paid a pound a tub.

Bought some as spare for only 85p in Home Bargain!!! Cheaper here in England 😉

7 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Bought some as spare for only 85p in Home Bargain!!! Cheaper here in England 😉

As long as it keeps well then I'm okay for next 5 years. 😄

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.