Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Printed flyers and business cards.

carp boy

Hi guys  

Been looking into printed flyers etc. 

Tried vista print which were a tad pricy along with putty print.. About 75 £ for 3000 a6 size flyers. Anyone got any recommendations as looking to get 5000 flyers done. Thanks 

Cheers 

Hi guys  

Been looking into printed flyers etc. 

Tried vista print which were a tad pricy along with putty print.. About 75 £ for 3000 a6 size flyers. Anyone got any recommendations as looking to get 5000 flyers done. Thanks 

Cheers 
Have you researched your local area to see if there are any local printers that would benefit from your custom.

Business cards are really not necessary when starting up.

Flyers are far more affordable to get your canvassing done and Business cards are ideal to give out occasionally.

There are many printers online but it all depends on your needs

artwork

Paper stock

Print finish

quality

I personally print all my own in black on white, tesco basic A4 paper and simple laser print

I ordered around 3000 from Vista about 17 months ago. 

Still got about 2500 sitting here doing nothing.

I have used bizay they seem good although if you want the printing quick the p&p is quite high. The link is one that if you register you get £3 and I get £3.

I ordered 4000 A6 350gsm (thick card) double sided full colour and 2000 business cards 350gms (again thick) single sided full colour for a total of £77 inc vat and delivery. Very happy with print quality and arrived when they said they would.

Knocking doors is best as lead generation brings in enquiries from all over so difficult to build a compact round with it 
Is knocking on doors really still effective in this day and age?  I am surprised if this still genuinely works effectively.  

Is knocking on doors really still effective in this day and age?  I am surprised if this still genuinely works effectively.  
Yes , I haven’t needed to do it for over 15 years but have friends starting up now and that’s what they are doing on avarage for 3 hours door knocking they are picking up 7-15 new jobs , maybe different parts of the country will have different results but that’s the score round my way , I am just having my website overhauled it hasn’t been touched since 2015 and my web guy said over  the last 3 months it has had over 13,500 hits , resulting in around 400 actual jobs , this isn’t just window cleaning but all jobs we offer he said he was amazed at the responses my site gets , I haven’t got a clue about it all but to me from over 13,500 site visits the end result of 400 jobs is very low but is still more than I want or need , I think the personal touch by going and speaking to the potential customer is key to getting work personally speaking any flyers that come through my door and the majority of people I know go straight in the bin , I surveyed over 4,000 of my customers and asked them about all this flyer business and the vast majority said they wouldn’t contact the company but if someone knocked on there door offering a service they wanted and they had a rapport and felt the person was honest then 95 % said they would have the job done , this is how I built my business up when I started , I still feel it’s the best use of time and resources , and everyone I speak to says the same , Ime not knocking flyers but don’t  feel it’s the best way to get rapid and reliable customers.

I agree leaflets are not effective but was curious as to how canvassing work in the digital age.  I wouldn't have thought there are many people out there who would welcome people knocking on doors selling a service.

Perhaps it's different for window cleaners, as opposed to people selling other services/goods.

I agree leaflets are not effective but was curious as to how canvassing work in the digital age.  I wouldn't have thought there are many people out there who would welcome people knocking on doors selling a service.

Perhaps it's different for window cleaners, as opposed to people selling other services/goods.
Not all people are friendly , but most are ok it’s one of 3 responses , 

ime not interested in having my windows cleaned 

I already have a window cleaner 

I have been meaning to get someone how much ?? 

I don't have time to canvass, so I have someone putting flyers out for me in the areas I want. I'm getting around four customers per thousand and each job is costing me under £15 a pop. So on average around one clean. I'm delighted with this and can cope with the response. However, if I had the time, I'd be knocking doors as I'd be getting more customers that way, but at the moment it would be costing money, as I have work to cover.

I don't have time to canvass, so I have someone putting flyers out for me in the areas I want. I'm getting around four customers per thousand and each job is costing me under £15 a pop. So on average around one clean. I'm delighted with this and can cope with the response. However, if I had the time, I'd be knocking doors as I'd be getting more customers that way, but at the moment it would be costing money, as I have work to cover.
You should be window cleaning during the day and canvassing evenings and weekends ???

Yes , I haven’t needed to do it for over 15 years but have friends starting up now and that’s what they are doing on avarage for 3 hours door knocking they are picking up 7-15 new jobs , maybe different parts of the country will have different results but that’s the score round my way , I am just having my website overhauled it hasn’t been touched since 2015 and my web guy said over  the last 3 months it has had over 13,500 hits , resulting in around 400 actual jobs , this isn’t just window cleaning but all jobs we offer he said he was amazed at the responses my site gets , I haven’t got a clue about it all but to me from over 13,500 site visits the end result of 400 jobs is very low but is still more than I want or need , I think the personal touch by going and speaking to the potential customer is key to getting work personally speaking any flyers that come through my door and the majority of people I know go straight in the bin , I surveyed over 4,000 of my customers and asked them about all this flyer business and the vast majority said they wouldn’t contact the company but if someone knocked on there door offering a service they wanted and they had a rapport and felt the person was honest then 95 % said they would have the job done , this is how I built my business up when I started , I still feel it’s the best use of time and resources , and everyone I speak to says the same , Ime not knocking flyers but don’t  feel it’s the best way to get rapid and reliable customers.
Iv found nocking doors the best way of getting my customers 

most off them say we just haven’t had the time to call anyone. 

Weekends and evenings are precious PJJ ?. I'd copy and paste but I don't know how ?
I fully agree but sometimes it might be necessary to get started but Ime not advocating it all the time . Once you get a few customers you will get referrals and walk ups that will help a lot .    

You need a delivery team to hit areas fast and hard. When i started the wife delivered 10,000 by hand in just under 2 months. If you can get them out in the right area and quick they can pay off handsomely

Latest Posts

Back