Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Printed flyers and business cards.


Recommended Posts

Hi guys  

Been looking into printed flyers etc. 

Tried vista print which were a tad pricy along with putty print.. About 75 £ for 3000 a6 size flyers. Anyone got any recommendations as looking to get 5000 flyers done. Thanks 

 

Cheers 

Link to post
1 hour ago, carp boy said:

Hi guys  

Been looking into printed flyers etc. 

Tried vista print which were a tad pricy along with putty print.. About 75 £ for 3000 a6 size flyers. Anyone got any recommendations as looking to get 5000 flyers done. Thanks 

 

Cheers 

Have you researched your local area to see if there are any local printers that would benefit from your custom.

Business cards are really not necessary when starting up.

Flyers are far more affordable to get your canvassing done and Business cards are ideal to give out occasionally.

There are many printers online but it all depends on your needs

artwork

Paper stock

Print finish

quality

 

I personally print all my own in black on white, tesco basic A4 paper and simple laser print

Link to post

I've just paid £180 for 10,000 printed on a bright a6 160gms paper, printed both sides. I'm happy to pay that..

Link to post
2 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I ordered around 3000 from Vista about 17 months ago. 

Still got about 2500 sitting here doing nothing.

Lol better off knocking doors much better return rate 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
11 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I ordered around 3000 from Vista about 17 months ago. 

Still got about 2500 sitting here doing nothing.

We ordered 5000 11 years ago and let's just say there's quite a few left 🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to post
5 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Or lead generation...:2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

Knocking doors is best as lead generation brings in enquiries from all over so difficult to build a compact round with it 

  • Agree 2
Link to post

I have used bizay they seem good although if you want the printing quick the p&p is quite high. The link is one that if you register you get £3 and I get £3.

I ordered 4000 A6 350gsm (thick card) double sided full colour and 2000 business cards 350gms (again thick) single sided full colour for a total of £77 inc vat and delivery. Very happy with print quality and arrived when they said they would.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Knocking doors is best as lead generation brings in enquiries from all over so difficult to build a compact round with it 

Is knocking on doors really still effective in this day and age?  I am surprised if this still genuinely works effectively.  

Link to post
2 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Is knocking on doors really still effective in this day and age?  I am surprised if this still genuinely works effectively.  

Yes , I haven’t needed to do it for over 15 years but have friends starting up now and that’s what they are doing on avarage for 3 hours door knocking they are picking up 7-15 new jobs , maybe different parts of the country will have different results but that’s the score round my way , I am just having my website overhauled it hasn’t been touched since 2015 and my web guy said over  the last 3 months it has had over 13,500 hits , resulting in around 400 actual jobs , this isn’t just window cleaning but all jobs we offer he said he was amazed at the responses my site gets , I haven’t got a clue about it all but to me from over 13,500 site visits the end result of 400 jobs is very low but is still more than I want or need , I think the personal touch by going and speaking to the potential customer is key to getting work personally speaking any flyers that come through my door and the majority of people I know go straight in the bin , I surveyed over 4,000 of my customers and asked them about all this flyer business and the vast majority said they wouldn’t contact the company but if someone knocked on there door offering a service they wanted and they had a rapport and felt the person was honest then 95 % said they would have the job done , this is how I built my business up when I started , I still feel it’s the best use of time and resources , and everyone I speak to says the same , Ime not knocking flyers but don’t  feel it’s the best way to get rapid and reliable customers.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post

I agree leaflets are not effective but was curious as to how canvassing work in the digital age.  I wouldn't have thought there are many people out there who would welcome people knocking on doors selling a service.

Perhaps it's different for window cleaners, as opposed to people selling other services/goods.

Link to post
1 minute ago, NewGuy said:

I agree leaflets are not effective but was curious as to how canvassing work in the digital age.  I wouldn't have thought there are many people out there who would welcome people knocking on doors selling a service.

Perhaps it's different for window cleaners, as opposed to people selling other services/goods.

Not all people are friendly , but most are ok it’s one of 3 responses , 

ime not interested in having my windows cleaned 

I already have a window cleaner 

I have been meaning to get someone how much ?? 

Link to post

I don't have time to canvass, so I have someone putting flyers out for me in the areas I want. I'm getting around four customers per thousand and each job is costing me under £15 a pop. So on average around one clean. I'm delighted with this and can cope with the response. However, if I had the time, I'd be knocking doors as I'd be getting more customers that way, but at the moment it would be costing money, as I have work to cover.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

I don't have time to canvass, so I have someone putting flyers out for me in the areas I want. I'm getting around four customers per thousand and each job is costing me under £15 a pop. So on average around one clean. I'm delighted with this and can cope with the response. However, if I had the time, I'd be knocking doors as I'd be getting more customers that way, but at the moment it would be costing money, as I have work to cover.

You should be window cleaning during the day and canvassing evenings and weekends 😂😂😂

Link to post
59 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes , I haven’t needed to do it for over 15 years but have friends starting up now and that’s what they are doing on avarage for 3 hours door knocking they are picking up 7-15 new jobs , maybe different parts of the country will have different results but that’s the score round my way , I am just having my website overhauled it hasn’t been touched since 2015 and my web guy said over  the last 3 months it has had over 13,500 hits , resulting in around 400 actual jobs , this isn’t just window cleaning but all jobs we offer he said he was amazed at the responses my site gets , I haven’t got a clue about it all but to me from over 13,500 site visits the end result of 400 jobs is very low but is still more than I want or need , I think the personal touch by going and speaking to the potential customer is key to getting work personally speaking any flyers that come through my door and the majority of people I know go straight in the bin , I surveyed over 4,000 of my customers and asked them about all this flyer business and the vast majority said they wouldn’t contact the company but if someone knocked on there door offering a service they wanted and they had a rapport and felt the person was honest then 95 % said they would have the job done , this is how I built my business up when I started , I still feel it’s the best use of time and resources , and everyone I speak to says the same , Ime not knocking flyers but don’t  feel it’s the best way to get rapid and reliable customers.

Iv found nocking doors the best way of getting my customers 

most off them say we just haven’t had the time to call anyone. 

Link to post
54 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Weekends and evenings are precious PJJ 👍. I'd copy and paste but I don't know how 😊

I fully agree but sometimes it might be necessary to get started but Ime not advocating it all the time . Once you get a few customers you will get referrals and walk ups that will help a lot .    

Link to post

Flyers worked great for us -hubby printed his own,if you are wanting 20k or more its very cost effective to buy a printer or 2 and get with it.Flyers have the advantage that work rolls in and then trickles in from them  for many months/years afterwards 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept