Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Good luck to Ched

Davy G

Our Ched has a big day tomorrow! Starting out with canvassing and recruiting for his new window cleaning business start up after a long time studying and planning while on lockdown. I'd like to wish him the very best in his new venture.

He's been a great asset to the forum already and he hasn't even started his business yet. Astounding!!⚓??

Yes good luck mate and all the best.

Always here to help you out

You got this ?

Our Ched has a big day tomorrow! Starting out with canvassing and recruiting for his new window cleaning business start up after a long time studying and planning while on lockdown. I'd like to wish him the very best in his new venture.

He's been a great asset to the forum already and he hasn't even started his business yet. Astounding!!⚓??
One of the best posts on the forum. Well said mate ?

Thanks so much gents, very kind of you to remember. 

I have my first customer to do tomorrow!!! So packed the car up ready. All 6 barrels filled with pure all ready to go. The first custy is one of our dog groomers. We mentioned that I was going to be cleaning windows about 3 months ago and she said she needed a windy! I said that we were not starting till second jab had taken effect and she said fine. So on Friday we took the dog to the groomers and asked if she had found a windy. She said she borrowed a ladder and tried herself!!!! Anyway I am going to clean her windows Monday afternoon then leaflet dropping.

The owner of the groomers was also there during the conversation and said her windy had recently started using a 'pole' and they wondered how it worked. So it was good to be able to explain how it works to them. But boy does her windy do a terrible job. The frames are filthy, I can't imagine he has actually cleaned the frames for years!!! The shop windows are covered in pain splatter as well. 

Anyway, thanks for all the well wishes. I will let you know how I get on.

PS don't worry the kit is all secured down as the picy was just taken when I was working out where stuff went. Yes I have 2 backpacks, Red for cleaning and the Black with ubik in, and 4 dual channel remote control fobs ? . 

image.png

Thanks so much gents, very kind of you to remember. 

I have my first customer to do tomorrow!!! So packed the car up ready. All 6 barrels filled with pure all ready to go. The first custy is one of our dog groomers. We mentioned that I was going to be cleaning windows about 3 months ago and she said she needed a windy! I said that we were not starting till second jab had taken effect and she said fine. So on Friday we took the dog to the groomers and asked if she had found a windy. She said she borrowed a ladder and tried herself!!!! Anyway I am going to clean her windows Monday afternoon then leaflet dropping.

The owner of the groomers was also there during the conversation and said her windy had recently started using a 'pole' and they wondered how it worked. So it was good to be able to explain how it works to them. But boy does her windy do a terrible job. The frames are filthy, I can't imagine he has actually cleaned the frames for years!!! The shop windows are covered in pain splatter as well. 

Anyway, thanks for all the well wishes. I will let you know how I get on.

PS don't worry the kit is all secured down as the picy was just taken when I was working out where stuff went. Yes I have 2 backpacks, Red for cleaning and the Black with ubik in, and 4 dual channel remote control fobs ? . 

View attachment 24904
There are still some windies who are glass cleaners. They did this trad and carried on wfp. They mostly missed cleaning the top frame and the side frames if they could get away with it. How they manage to rinse accurately along the top of the glass and miss the dirty top frame at height is beyond me.

We don't remove paint splatter unless we charge extra for it. There are some painters who just don't care. It's not our job to clean up after them as part of the normal clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still some windies who are glass cleaners. They did this trad and carried on wfp. They mostly missed cleaning the top frame and the side frames if they could get away with it. How they manage to rinse accurately along the top of the glass and miss the dirty top frame at height is beyond me.

We don't remove paint splatter unless we charge extra for it. There are some painters who just don't care. It's not our job to clean up after them as part of the normal clean.
One of the guys who changed over to wfp with a trolley and only does the glass and doesn't rinse. I was cleaning their pvc and seen the top of the glass and pvc which was covered in road dust. If you clean the frames then you need to rinse properly but it uses much more pure.

One of the guys who changed over to wfp with a trolley and only does the glass and doesn't rinse. I was cleaning their pvc and seen the top of the glass and pvc which was covered in road dust. If you clean the frames then you need to rinse properly but it uses much more pure.
Thoroughly washing frames, vents and sills as well as glass is the whole point of wfp, surely? That's why it's a better job than trad. ?

Yep good Luck Ched, hope all goes well for you. Must say, I'm a newbie, and your input in the forum has been great. I thought youd been going a long while mate, keep up the input on the forum please.  Now your journey begins in full. Go grab it all mate.

Well said Davy I totally agree there is a big difference doing it to talking about it ??? but Ime sure he will do well just takes a bit of time and practice ,  we want a full report of how you get on @ched999uk the good and the bad Ime sure you will come up with some questions along the way as well . ?

I thought it was just me who hated hearing that.  ?  
I also hate it when people in shops ask for something and say ‘can I get’.

It’s ‘can I have’ boneheads!

The person behind the counter is getting it not you!

Oh and people stop doing that stupid ‘lift’ at the end of sentences so everything sounds like a question! It doesn’t make you sound interesting, it makes you a sheep following others.

Have a great week fellow windies ????‍??

IOh and people stop doing that stupid ‘lift’ at the end of sentences so everything sounds like a question! It doesn’t make you sound interesting, it makes you a sheep following others.
Totally agree.

'Really?' , said with a lift at the end is one of the worst.  Absolutely does my head in, hear dj's say it on the radio all the time.  It's like a soft patronising tone, drives me mad, would love it if someone slapped them every time they said it.  

Back