Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Water pressure from submerged pump to hose pipe

I have a sumberged water pump which i am dropping in to a water butt and connecting a hose for watering and cleaning the garden.

When i have just the attachment that came with the pump attached the water pressure seems good but as soos as i connect the hose pipe connection i lose pressure. I have also tried connecting the hose direct with a jubilee clip and the pressure is still really low so am i doing something wrong. The pump says it will pump 7500 litres a minute 

Appreciate any help

16231809248788990760717287560773.jpg

16231809568276971035922858424264.jpg

45 minutes ago, Pjj said:

You won’t get 7,500 lpm through 1/2 inch hose I think that might be your problem.

Any idea how i can get the pressure to the hose

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Those sort of pumps are designed for lots of flow but very little pressure. So any resistance like bends or twists in a half inch hose and you will get no flow as the pump can't provide the pressure to push past the obstructions.

Best thing to do is get a bigger diameter hose or a pump designed for the job you are trying to do like this: Hozeloc waterbutt pump it's not cheap at all but it does what you need as it can provide decent pressure, some reviews saying it can pump through 50m of half inch hose and power a sprinkler!

10 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I could be wrong but think the hose needs to be a bigger diameter , maybe @spruce might have some input ???  

51 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Those sort of pumps are designed for lots of flow but very little pressure. So any resistance like bends or twists in a half inch hose and you will get no flow as the pump can't provide the pressure to push past the obstructions.

Best thing to do is get a bigger diameter hose or a pump designed for the job you are trying to do like this: Hozeloc waterbutt pump it's not cheap at all but it does what you need as it can provide decent pressure, some reviews saying it can pump through 50m of half inch hose and power a sprinkler!

51 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Thanks Ched

I will take a look 👍

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.