Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water pressure from submerged pump to hose pipe

Shorty

I have a sumberged water pump which i am dropping in to a water butt and connecting a hose for watering and cleaning the garden.

When i have just the attachment that came with the pump attached the water pressure seems good but as soos as i connect the hose pipe connection i lose pressure. I have also tried connecting the hose direct with a jubilee clip and the pressure is still really low so am i doing something wrong. The pump says it will pump 7500 litres a minute 

Appreciate any help

16231809248788990760717287560773.jpg

16231809568276971035922858424264.jpg

Any idea how i can get the pressure to the hose
Those sort of pumps are designed for lots of flow but very little pressure. So any resistance like bends or twists in a half inch hose and you will get no flow as the pump can't provide the pressure to push past the obstructions.

Best thing to do is get a bigger diameter hose or a pump designed for the job you are trying to do like this: Hozeloc waterbutt pump it's not cheap at all but it does what you need as it can provide decent pressure, some reviews saying it can pump through 50m of half inch hose and power a sprinkler!

Those sort of pumps are designed for lots of flow but very little pressure. So any resistance like bends or twists in a half inch hose and you will get no flow as the pump can't provide the pressure to push past the obstructions.

Best thing to do is get a bigger diameter hose or a pump designed for the job you are trying to do like this: Hozeloc waterbutt pump it's not cheap at all but it does what you need as it can provide decent pressure, some reviews saying it can pump through 50m of half inch hose and power a sprinkler!

Thanks Ched

I will take a look ?

Back