Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

accessing forum on phone

What has happened today?  I have made no changes to my phone settings but I can no longer access the forum on my phone as I'm getting the "turn ad blocker off" message on the whole screen or to subscribe to turn off ads.

I have turned off the ad blocker for the website which clears that particular page I'm on but then the warning appears immediately upon clicking on another link!  This is despite deactivating ad blocker for the site.

What has changed for this to occur today?

3 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

What has happened today?  I have made no changes to my phone settings but I can no longer access the forum on my phone as I'm getting the "turn ad blocker off" message on the whole screen or to subscribe to turn off ads.

I have turned off the ad blocker for the website which clears that particular page I'm on but then the warning appears immediately upon clicking on another link!  This is despite deactivating ad blocker for the site.

What has changed for this to occur today?

No idear but sounds like something that @Gavinmight be able to help with or one of the mods @Iron Giant @Dave B

Just now, NewGuy said:

Thanks. This is the image! 

BD9F010A-BD98-420E-B7E2-83C1E8AF9007.png

If that’s true , then I think it’s very poor do as you should be able to choose to block adds if you want to . I think @Gavin needs to take a look at this .

We have always had an ad block message on here. It did stop working for a while but was fixed a day or two ago. I'm not getting into the debate of ads. No one realises the cost of running a huge forum like this.  

Sadly ads pay the bills. Some ad blockers work differently and you will need to ensure the whole domain is not being blocked. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
17 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

But I subscribe to avoid the ads...?

Never had this despite looking at the forum for 18+ months

The ad block can not tell who is subscribed or not it only monitors if the a visitor has an adblcoker running. 

As someone who runs websites I feel that I must say it's advertising that pays to run my sites. Hosting, maintenance, software updates etc isn't free.  I realise that users may not wish to see adverts but they do wish to read the information I have gathered for them. There is a fine balance between having too many/intrusive ads but Google doesn't provide much flexibility. 

To be honest I have seen a few relevant ads here that I have clicked to have a look. I was very doubtful that I would buy something but the ad intrigued me. 

I realise my view maybe a bit biased but I am very happy with ads if it helps @Gavin.  

• Agree 1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.