Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Looking to start a round! NEED HELP!!

Hi I’m a roofer atm, but looking to transfer over to window cleaning whether it be traditional or pole system, I haven’t got much spare money. 

I live in farnborough, Hampshire

Any advice would be much appreciated 

18 minutes ago, BCooper said:

Hi I’m a roofer atm, but looking to transfer over to window cleaning whether it be traditional or pole system, I haven’t got much spare money. 

I live in farnborough, Hampshire

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Why not start off looking to do gutter clears, you already have the equipment and I have never understood why roofers never push this line of business. It can be very lucrative in the right areas.

As you're comfortable on ladders I would look to start off traditionally and transfer to WFP when the finances allow

• Agree 1

Try using the search tab at the top of the page and put in new starter etc there’s hundreds of posts covering 99% of the questions you will probably have , anything you cannot find just ask hear , good luck with the new venture 

• Agree 3

I run a one man band window cleaning business in Liss/Petersfield, not too far from Farnborough. I'm happy to show you how I run my admin, generate work, earnings potential, how to trad, WFP etc. You could probably get everything you need to know in one day. 

13 minutes ago, Danfire said:

I run a one man band window cleaning business in Liss/Petersfield, not too far from Farnborough. I'm happy to show you how I run my admin, generate work, earnings potential, how to trad, WFP etc. You could probably get everything you need to know in one day. 

That’s a very good offer I think it would be very useful for him 

• Agree 2
scottish cleaning service

I think the first year is the hardest and most likely to throw in the towel. I found all it takes is having a run in with a customer and the moral takes a hit. The first year is where I found all the expenditure to grow and buy new equipment for add-ons. Once you have the van and tank system in place then the see-saw begins to move to the profit side. I'm still buying stuff but also getting rid of stuff I don't need.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Spit & polish

Gutter repair is a nice one if you dont mind heights i remember a few years back i got 5 repairs in one road (all bungalows!) Just because they see me repairing it, no leaflets no canvassing. Hand clean fascia and soffits and use the money to buy your new equipment.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Danfire said:

That’s a great offer

Posted (edited)

Well, like your roofing business its the same process.🤔

Go out and get the customers, much like you have already done with the roofing business, just plonk window cleaning in place of roofing, and go out canvass, advertise, leaflet drop. But don't forget to clean the windows instead of fixing the roof, and visa versa as that will confuse your customers.

Did you know that you can also use this approach with any business? Not just window cleaning, or roofing. 🤭

Can we have a some kind of screening process on this forum please? How many "i'm thinking of starting" etc etc threads are we to be subjected to? Can we have an information page for new starters, so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves?

No disrespects to the OP, welcome to our forum, please feel free to use the search function.

Edited by cleaniac
  • Agree 2
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

Well, like your roofing business its the same process.🤔

Go out and get the customers, much like you have already done with the roofing business, just plonk window cleaning in place of roofing, and go out canvass, advertise, leaflet drop. But don't forget to clean the windows instead of fixing the roof, and visa versa as that will confuse your customers.

Did you know that you can also use this approach with any business? Not just window cleaning, or roofing. 🤭

Can we have a some kind of screening process on this forum please? How many "i'm thinking of starting" etc etc threads are we to be subjected to? Can we have an information page for new starters, so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves?

No disrespects to the OP, welcome to our forum, please feel free to use the search function.

I didn’t do it for roofing I work for someone else, so not the same process. 

Thankyou for your message 🙃

Edited by BCooper
Just now, BCooper said:

I didn’t do it for roofing I work for someone else, so not the same process. 

Thankyou for your very welcoming message 🙃

WELL

THATS EGG ON MY FACE! 😆

I have been drinking a bit tonight, so I better go and finish the rest and switch off the computer.

😬

Se ya in the mornin..

🤢

Seriously though, I wish you well. Mate..man I love you really..

Ok shut it before I embarrass mysel......😴

Armistead Cleaning
13 hours ago, cleaniac said:

don't forget to clean the windows instead of fixing the roof, and visa versa as that will confuse your customers.

😁😂

• Haha 3

Ahh yes I can see with my replies on this forum just a bit too much cognac had been consumed. 

Apologies everyone. 🤣

3 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Ahh yes I can see with my replies on this forum just a bit too much cognac had been consumed. 

Apologies everyone. 🤣

remy martin?

18 minutes ago, dazmond said:

remy martin?

Marcadier Barbot, the rest of it

And a healthy start into the Chateau de Montifaud Napoleon 

3 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Apologies everyone. 🤣

No worries matey😃

Will you make it
1 hour ago, cleaniac said:

Marcadier Barbot, the rest of it

And a healthy start into the Chateau de Montifaud Napoleon 

I recommend Delamain pale & dry XO cognac if you haven’t tried it - lovely drop! 

On 09/06/2021 at 18:09, Part Timer said:

Why not start off looking to do gutter clears, you already have the equipment and I have never understood why roofers never push this line of business.

Some are going into it. There's one round here i've seen advertising - gutters for just £22. That's rather alarming..

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.