Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to start a round! NEED HELP!!

BCooper

Hi I’m a roofer atm, but looking to transfer over to window cleaning whether it be traditional or pole system, I haven’t got much spare money. 

I live in farnborough, Hampshire

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Hi I’m a roofer atm, but looking to transfer over to window cleaning whether it be traditional or pole system, I haven’t got much spare money. 

I live in farnborough, Hampshire

Any advice would be much appreciated 
Why not start off looking to do gutter clears, you already have the equipment and I have never understood why roofers never push this line of business. It can be very lucrative in the right areas.

As you're comfortable on ladders I would look to start off traditionally and transfer to WFP when the finances allow

Try using the search tab at the top of the page and put in new starter etc there’s hundreds of posts covering 99% of the questions you will probably have , anything you cannot find just ask hear , good luck with the new venture 

I run a one man band window cleaning business in Liss/Petersfield, not too far from Farnborough. I'm happy to show you how I run my admin, generate work, earnings potential, how to trad, WFP etc. You could probably get everything you need to know in one day. 

I run a one man band window cleaning business in Liss/Petersfield, not too far from Farnborough. I'm happy to show you how I run my admin, generate work, earnings potential, how to trad, WFP etc. You could probably get everything you need to know in one day. 
That’s a very good offer I think it would be very useful for him 

I think the first year is the hardest and most likely to throw in the towel. I found all it takes is having a run in with a customer and the moral takes a hit. The first year is where I found all the expenditure to grow and buy new equipment for add-ons. Once you have the van and tank system in place then the see-saw begins to move to the profit side. I'm still buying stuff but also getting rid of stuff I don't need.

Gutter repair is a nice one if you dont mind heights i remember a few years back i got 5 repairs in one road (all bungalows!) Just because they see me repairing it, no leaflets no canvassing. Hand clean fascia and soffits and use the money to buy your new equipment.

That’s a great offer

Well, like your roofing business its the same process.?

Go out and get the customers, much like you have already done with the roofing business, just plonk window cleaning in place of roofing, and go out canvass, advertise, leaflet drop. But don't forget to clean the windows instead of fixing the roof, and visa versa as that will confuse your customers.

Did you know that you can also use this approach with any business? Not just window cleaning, or roofing. ?

Can we have a some kind of screening process on this forum please? How many "i'm thinking of starting" etc etc threads are we to be subjected to? Can we have an information page for new starters, so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves?

No disrespects to the OP, welcome to our forum, please feel free to use the search function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, like your roofing business its the same process.?

Go out and get the customers, much like you have already done with the roofing business, just plonk window cleaning in place of roofing, and go out canvass, advertise, leaflet drop. But don't forget to clean the windows instead of fixing the roof, and visa versa as that will confuse your customers.

Did you know that you can also use this approach with any business? Not just window cleaning, or roofing. ?

Can we have a some kind of screening process on this forum please? How many "i'm thinking of starting" etc etc threads are we to be subjected to? Can we have an information page for new starters, so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves?

No disrespects to the OP, welcome to our forum, please feel free to use the search function.
I didn’t do it for roofing I work for someone else, so not the same process. 

Thankyou for your message ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t do it for roofing I work for someone else, so not the same process. 

Thankyou for your very welcoming message ?
WELL

THATS EGG ON MY FACE! ?

I have been drinking a bit tonight, so I better go and finish the rest and switch off the computer.

?

Se ya in the mornin..

?

Seriously though, I wish you well. Mate..man I love you really..

Ok shut it before I embarrass mysel......?

Some are going into it. There's one round here i've seen advertising - gutters for just £22. That's rather alarming..
I'm up to £70 minimum for folk contacting me through Checkatrade now. I do get timewasters but its repeat business I'm looking for. There is a pattern emerging from the timewasters with the moneypit houses. They always want you to visit their property and risk your life with a 30 foot ladder to clear out their gutters. They will offer you a few bob for your trouble. Much better with the 2 or 3 bed semis and get £70 a pop which will take an hour or so.

Gutter repair is a nice one if you dont mind heights i remember a few years back i got 5 repairs in one road (all bungalows!) Just because they see me repairing it, no leaflets no canvassing. Hand clean fascia and soffits and use the money to buy your new equipment.
The roofers are filling the union that's leaking with Cromapol rather than replace the seal, it works for a year then leaks again.

Back