Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

lee burbridge ?

28 minutes ago, karenD said:

hubby has just asked me this whats became of him? ,i dont know him myself  anyone know?

Can't stand him. Mr ego. Give him a call his number is on Google Highshine

he was the editor of the window cleaning magazine for a while.......but because there is only so much you can say about all things window cleaning related he ran out of ideas and got bored of it most probably....he even turned up on some reality tv show telling everyone he was a window cleaner......i dont think anyone else was impressed!🤣

you can still read the back issues from 2016-2017 if your interested....just google WINDOW CLEANING MAGAZINE

Another one suffering from delusions of grandeur.  It's quite common in this business, these people arnt just happy with going to work to earn some dosh, or happy running a successful business employing dozens of people and being quiet about it just getting on with making their fortunes.

No they have a need to tell everyone how amazing they are, when in reality they are owners of a mediocre, small business that's not even turning over 5 million quid a year.

And to us yeah that sounds amazing, but in terms of other businesses for comparison under 5 million turnover a year is small fry chicken feed compared to medium and larger businesses, but these people act like they are flipping Sir Alan Sugar and you must be privileged to be even in their presence.

Plonkers.

You don't see Alex Gardiner coming on here and bigging himself up.do you, but go an have a look at his company house records that will show you how to do it.

🤣

• Like 1

Lots start small then start utube channels bloging its a ego thing to help others it then goes to there heads and they sell out its all about money and ego's and free equipment or cheep equipment seen it 100 times not guna name drop we all see it 🤣i just got a new pole as i watched a utube vid got suckerd in 🤣

2 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Lots start small then start utube channels bloging its a ego thing to help others it then goes to there heads and they sell out its all about money and ego's and free equipment or cheep equipment seen it 100 times not guna name drop we all see it 🤣i just got a new pole as i watched a utube vid got suckerd in 🤣

Youtube is shite in some respects. I've seen many channels grow to the point of failure as they've lost their minds over making videos and the pressure from brands

Anyone can make a video but the quality, workflow & creative drive is where many stumble.

The money is peanuts until you reach around 100,000 subscribers then you become a full time youtuber saying guys guys guys every 5 seconds

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Another one suffering from delusions of grandeur.  It's quite common in this business, these people arnt just happy with going to work to earn some dosh, or happy running a successful business employing dozens of people and being quiet about it just getting on with making their fortunes.

No they have a need to tell everyone how amazing they are, when in reality they are owners of a mediocre, small business that's not even turning over 5 million quid a year.

And to us yeah that sounds amazing, but in terms of other businesses for comparison under 5 million turnover a year is small fry chicken feed compared to medium and larger businesses, but these people act like they are flipping Sir Alan Sugar and you must be privileged to be even in their presence.

Plonkers.

You don't see Alex Gardiner coming on here and bigging himself up.do you, but go an have a look at his company house records that will show you how to do it.

🤣

hubby tells me theres a BIG biz youtuber guru type guy in the states runs a fleet of pressure washing trucks cleaning drive thrus during the night, been going 20yrs [that bit is true] anyhow someone passing thru the state called in unnanounced it turned out all there was a single tatty old trailer up on blocks at side of his home,nothing more . Its definitely the case that anyone who is shouting look at me how great i am do it my way is actually a two bit nobody.

empty vessels make the most sound 

Edited by karenD
4 hours ago, karenD said:

hubby tells me theres a BIG biz youtuber guru type guy in the states runs a fleet of pressure washing trucks cleaning drive thrus during the night, been going 20yrs [that bit is true] anyhow someone passing thru the state called in unnanounced it turned out all there was a single tatty old trailer up on blocks at side of his home,nothing more . Its definitely the case that anyone who is shouting look at me how great i am do it my way is actually a two bit nobody.

empty vessels make the most sound 

It's not the fact for me weather they are what they say they are or not.

It's the fact they need to show everyone else how amazing they are in either case.

Just because he has a tatty trailer on blocks,  doesn't mean he is lying.

The wealthiest most successful people drive old bangers, and plain t shirts.

I personally know of a few people that look ordinary, drive old cars and have nothing flashy but are very wealthy.

In fact quite the opposite is true, the flashier the car/van the poorer they are due to the monthly payments.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
Master Jedi Alejandro
42 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

It's not the fact for me weather they are what they say they are or not.

It's the fact they need to show everyone else how amazing they are in either case.

Just because he has a tatty trailer on blocks,  doesn't mean he is lying.

The wealthiest most successful people drive old bangers, and plain t shirts.

I personally know of a few people that look ordinary, drive old cars and have nothing flashy but are very wealthy.

In fact quite the opposite is true, the flashier the car/van the poorer they are due to the monthly payments.

I've never understood this mindset. 100% put money aside for a rainy day, but why have money if you're not gonna spend it? Canny take it with you after all! 😄

• Agree 1
scottish cleaning service
9 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

I've never understood this mindset. 100% put money aside for a rainy day, but why have money if you're not gonna spend it? Canny take it with you after all! 😄

You've got to have a reserve incase your turbo, gearbox or timing belt goes. Okay if you are a bank and can print money if BOE lets you. I used to save £50 a month in the 80,s with the prudential. I got told I would probably get back £16k then 87 happened and many years later I got £9k back and they asked me if I wanted them to look after it 😆 As soon as the cheque had cleared, I spent it, even bought three 24 caret gold sovereigns. Come to think about it, they must be worth a few bob now. 

If you have a nice surplus of wealth available, and you are not financially stretched, your not looking to spend it on flashy stuff because once you have a decent amount of cash in the bank you start to realise how much time and effort it takes to keep it, and you start to resent spending it on stuff that tells everyone else your wealthy.

You no longer have a need to signal to people your doing well, because the facts are you are in a great financial position and you no longer need to seek verification from others that you are wealthy.

And it's a great feeling knowing that if you needed to, you could buy that BMW m5 outright, but you don't because once you do have the actual cash available you realise what a waste of money it would be so it quickly becomes less important to you than someone who perhaps hankers after that lifestyle, who earns good enough dosh to finance it for monthly payments, but has no wealth stored up to buy it..trust me if he did he wouldn't waste the money on such a purchase

1 hour ago, cleaniac said:

If you have a nice surplus of wealth available, and you are not financially stretched, your not looking to spend it on flashy stuff because once you have a decent amount of cash in the bank you start to realise how much time and effort it takes to keep it, and you start to resent spending it on stuff that tells everyone else your wealthy.

You no longer have a need to signal to people your doing well, because the facts are you are in a great financial position and you no longer need to seek verification from others that you are wealthy.

And it's a great feeling knowing that if you needed to, you could buy that BMW m5 outright, but you don't because once you do have the actual cash available you realise what a waste of money it would be so it quickly becomes less important to you than someone who perhaps hankers after that lifestyle, who earns good enough dosh to finance it for monthly payments, but has no wealth stored up to buy it..trust me if he did he wouldn't waste the money on such a purchase

that might be your attitude mate but its not mine....

i have plenty of money behind me emergency fund wise but i wouldnt blow it all at once to buy a car or van outright and leave me with nothing in the bank...IMO that would be foolish.....id much rather lease a new car every 3 years at £300 a month....its a good days work a month...i also like luxury holidays abroad a few times a year,decent wfp equipment and quality drum kits....i dont pay for these straight away either...i slap them on my credit card and pay them off at the end of the month so no interest to pay.....

we ll all be dead in a few years anyway so no point in tucking too much money away IMO....i spend 60% of my earnings and save around 40%......no kids!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, dazmond said:

that might be your attitude mate but its not mine....

i have plenty of money behind me emergency fund wise but i wouldnt blow it all at once to buy a car or van outright and leave me with nothing in the bank...IMO that would be foolish.....id much rather lease a new car every 3 years at £300 a month....its a good days work a month...i also like luxury holidays abroad a few times a year,decent wfp equipment and quality drum kits....i dont pay for these straight away either...i slap them on my credit card and pay them off at the end of the month so no interest to pay.....

we ll all be dead in a few years anyway so no point in tucking too much money away IMO....i spend 60% of my earnings and save around 40%......no kids!

I think you misunderstand me Daz.

There is nothing wrong with leasing a car, and nothing wrong with it being something you really want. In fact i would go as far to say that leasing a car is the smartest way to drive a new vehicle.

I also use charge cards, and credit cards and clear the balance every month. 

I guess my example of what I was trying to say just didn't read well.

Edited by cleaniac
18 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Very well put, some people maybe too many these days like to outwardly appear wealthy but may well not be, I have had nice motors in the past but really couldn't care what I or my wife drives these days, 

It makes me wonder at times how these young couples are living in brand new houses with mercs outside and yet surely they ain't all got great very well paid jobs, I know it's not the case for everyone to have debt up to their eyeballs but some do just to appear to be doing better than they are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Very well put, some people maybe too many these days like to outwardly appear wealthy but may well not be, I have had nice motors in the past but really couldn't care what I or my wife drives these days, 

It makes me wonder at times how these young couples are living in brand new houses with mercs outside and yet surely they ain't all got great very well paid jobs, I know it's not the case for everyone to have debt up to their eyeballs but some do just to appear to be doing better than they are.

I think its an age thing and the time you are growing up in. If your favourite programme is Love Island then you will want to act the same way. Once you reach 40 and you have tried all the Tick stuff you get fed up with having no money each month. I used to play Puggies, bet on horses and even spreadbetting the financial markets. I have experienced all that but it was getting me no where. So I decided to focus on my business and spend any money on equipment to be more efficient. It means I have something to show for my money. I am now in phase 2 which means focus on 5 types of cleaning which I do well at and get paid well. Nothing beats doing a job that one enjoys, so I have found out.  

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.