Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Electric vans wft big tanks

tench0771

Who has or is taking the plunge my van finance up in 4 years way off for me yet but having a look about and i can see lots of electric vans ready to buy i think they could be a big saving in down time as no issues with dpf gearbox issues the list goes on !! Only concern i can see is how long do you get off a charge with big tank and all gear ?

Who has or is taking the plunge my van finance up in 4 years way off for me yet but having a look about and i can see lots of electric vans ready to buy i think they could be a big saving in down time as no issues with dpf gearbox issues the list goes on !! Only concern i can see is how long do you get off a charge with big tank and all gear ?
Ionics just did two electric vans. They figured out how to secure the tanks properly, but payload is the issue. The bigger the battery the less payload that is available. I think one lad on here had a electric van for a while. Can’t remember who it was, hopefully he sees this. Would love one myself, I only do short journeys in the van & so need to take it for long drives to clear up the filters  

Im very interested in the transit custom hybrid offering. It has 1,130kg payload, an all electric range of 35miles and an overall range of 300miles with the little petrol engine.

if it gets near the 35 mile range with a 650l in the back it'd do me 3/4 days a week.

Im very interested in the transit custom hybrid offering. It has 1,130kg payload, an all electric range of 35miles and an overall range of 300miles with the little petrol engine.

if it gets near the 35 mile range with a 650l in the back it'd do me 3/4 days a week.
I'd have to stop and recharge about 12 times to get to my furthest job ?

an electric van would be ideal for me as i only do 3000 miles a year in my van.....the problem is payload for a 500L tank and i would have to get rid of my diesel heater which i dont wanna do as i would have to fill it up with a separate tank which is not ideal.....

my van is 4 years old and will probably last me at least another 6 years which by then they should have better/cheaper electric vans to choose from going forward

an electric van would be ideal for me as i only do 3000 miles a year in my van.....the problem is payload for a 500L tank and i would have to get rid of my diesel heater which i dont wanna do as i would have to fill it up with a separate tank which is not ideal.....

my van is 4 years old and will probably last me at least another 6 years which by then they should have better/cheaper electric vans to choose from going forward
Forgot all about my diesel heater which would need a completely new supply. Will now stick with my original idea of LWB van with 300l tank. Going to talk it over with Oliver from Grippatank when he comes up to do my annual service.

Forgot all about my diesel heater which would need a completely new supply. Will now stick with my original idea of LWB van with 300l tank. Going to talk it over with Oliver from Grippatank when he comes up to do my annual service.
i think ill go with an immersion set up to heat my water and an insulated tank when i eventually swap to an electric van....i dont think a diesel heater will be ideal.....it would be great it someone comes up with a better solution to heat up pure water in an electric van....

i think ill go with an immersion set up to heat my water and an insulated tank when i eventually swap to an electric van....i dont think a diesel heater will be ideal.....it would be great it someone comes up with a better solution to heat up pure water in an electric van....
Aye, will be great when Batteries become small and efficient. They will be able to heat the water, run the electric reels and run the frost stat or maybe I'm dreaming but electric has everything going for us bar the weight of the batteries.

Back