Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this the story of your life? ?

This week has been the worst for it for some reason, slightest thing the hose is snagging on it.  Even the coupling snags on the edge of paving slabs, fraction of a millimetre and it has the power to yank back my pole and nearly pull me over.

This week has been the worst for it for some reason, slightest thing the hose is snagging on it.  Even the coupling snags on the edge of paving slabs, fraction of a millimetre and it has the power to yank back my pole and nearly pull me over.
So true - We need eyes in the back of our heads because that pole hose will get caught on everything and anything. It’s laughable but not at the time!! 
Would some new hose help? ?‍♂️ 

Its all about the hose twisting over time.

You need to allow the hose to untwist and it won't kink or snag. 

Anchoring is also important, I use trees, lamposts, thick bush branches, fence posts to pull against, I just walk round them. 

Also I belt my hose, so it's attached to me permanently, wherever I walk the hose follows. It has a double stop removable tap, this swivels and allows the hose to lay down behind me naturally without twisting. 

I see so many window cleaners open their vans, lug out a hose reel, and basicly fight with the hose all the way through the job, it's hilarious to watch, especially if they also stand there rinsing the windows after they cleaned them..????

Me I open my back door, attach the hose to my belt, pull out my pole attached the tap to my belt, walk out and start right away, I'm already finishing the front top windows before anyone else has finished faffing about with the hose.

Also I belt my hose, so it's attached to me permanently, wherever I walk the hose follows. It has a double stop removable tap, this swivels and allows the hose to lay down behind me naturally without twisting. 
That sounds like a good time saving system. Don't suppose you have any picys of the setup do you?

Thanks very much for that. Looks a great setup, nice and simple = less to go wrong. Thanks
KISS.

Keep It Simple Stupid. 

My system is a tank, pump, hose reel and a di vessel. That is all you need in this game, all these pump controllers, and other silly bits and bobs are a complete and utter waste of money in my opinion. 

There is also keep stupid simple. 
I used to work like that, gas tap on belt, but the loop drove me mad and the fitting would leak at some point and wet my leg. 
The univalve solved this. I also did away with the micro/minibore hose and replaced it with 100 mtr of pole hose. The exceed blue or yellow pole hose is so durable, it’s happy to be pulled round corners and lasts years. (I change mine every two years)

This coupled will the tubeless set up gives me no kinking pole hose, no loop, no wet legs, no water to come from the excess pole hose you have and is as light as a feather.

I respect the fact your happy with your set up but im happy to try some of the silly bits and bobs ?

minty

I agree I clip hose onto waist frees hand up To open gates and give change etc or go on phone ? always use lampposts etc Bins sometimes a 25l barrel full  to pull round gone are the days of wrestling round car tyres etc. 

may look into replacing all hose with pole hose . 
would that affect the flow in any way? I’d have thought not as it’s already going through 20-30 foot of pole hose so it’s not going to decrease any less than it already is?!

KISS.

Keep It Simple Stupid. 

My system is a tank, pump, hose reel and a di vessel. That is all you need in this game, all these pump controllers, and other silly bits and bobs are a complete and utter waste of money in my opinion. 
do you not end up burning out pressure switches working without a controller?i find the digital controllers last many years and are very reliable......

I agree I clip hose onto waist frees hand up To open gates and give change etc or go on phone ? always use lampposts etc Bins sometimes a 25l barrel full  to pull round gone are the days of wrestling round car tyres etc. 

would that affect the flow in any way? I’d have thought not as it’s already going through 20-30 foot of pole hose so it’s not going to decrease any less than it already is?!
it doesnt lay flat and is more of a trip hazard if you change all your hose to pole hose,esp when going over roads etc...

id go so far as to say it will be dangerous.....

I change one reel over to pole hose and see what its like.

do you not end up burning out pressure switches working without a controller?i find the digital controllers last many years and are very reliable......
Nope. 

it doesnt lay flat and is more of a trip hazard if you change all your hose to pole hose,esp when going over roads etc...

id go so far as to say it will be dangerous.....
Your entitled to your opinion. 

There is also keep stupid simple. 
I used to work like that, gas tap on belt, but the loop drove me mad and the fitting would leak at some point and wet my leg. 
The univalve solved this. I also did away with the micro/minibore hose and replaced it with 100 mtr of pole hose. The exceed blue or yellow pole hose is so durable, it’s happy to be pulled round corners and lasts years. (I change mine every two years)

This coupled will the tubeless set up gives me no kinking pole hose, no loop, no wet legs, no water to come from the excess pole hose you have and is as light as a feather.

I respect the fact your happy with your set up but im happy to try some of the silly bits and bobs ?

minty
Nothing wrong with that. 

?

its strange how we all work differently...id personally hate cleaniacs set up..

no controller,electric reel or hot water......i bet he doesnt use xtreme poles either!
Your corewct. I don't. I did have hot water and found absolutely no difference in the speed of work, and it was just an extra expense. In my opinion the only advantage to hot water is cold conditions, it's nicer to work with that's about it for me.

I use a clx 27, it's does all my work, I'm on my 4th pole from gardiners they last me around 3.5 years and I buy another one. 

Got better things to do with my time than wondering what model pole to get, they all wash the windows the same way, some might be a little bit lighter than others, but I'm happy with a simple setup.

A lot treat this business also as a bit of a hobby, and enjoy buying more fancy kit, and that's fine. 

For me, it's a job. The tools work fine as they are, why change it? I go to work, come home and other than that I don't think about window cleaning.

??

Latest Posts

Back