Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Is this the story of your life? 🤔

Will you make it

6 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

For me, it's a job. The tools work fine as they are, why change it? I go to work, come home and other than that I don't think about window cleaning.

😀👍

Don't you think about window cleaning when you're posting when drunk on cognac? 

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Don't you think about window cleaning when you're posting when drunk on cognac? 

🤣👍

I wasn't drunk, just a bit sloshed.

Edited by cleaniac
16 hours ago, Jamesmarshall said:

I agree I clip hose onto waist frees hand up To open gates and give change etc or go on phone 🤣 always use lampposts etc Bins sometimes a 25l barrel full  to pull round gone are the days of wrestling round car tyres etc. 

may look into replacing all hose with pole hose . 
would that affect the flow in any way? I’d have thought not as it’s already going through 20-30 foot of pole hose so it’s not going to decrease any less than it already is?!

Hi James, I’ve never had any flow problems from the 5mm inside diameter hose. I usually just recalibrate the controller twice a year, winter/summer. 
Bear in mind the water passes through 2mm or in my case 1.5mm jets

Another benefit is you lose the connector between the pole and main hose. That used to catch on every corner or slab gap

minty

Edited by Minty
Spelling
Jamesmarshall

That’s why I was thinking about doing it and I’m constantly pulling hose off rectus lol.  Don’t fancy it if it don’t lay flat though as Dazmond has said 

22 minutes ago, Jamesmarshall said:

That’s why I was thinking about doing it and I’m constantly pulling hose off rectus lol.  Don’t fancy it if it don’t lay flat though as Dazmond has said 

IMO you need a bit of weight in the hose to keep it flat to avoid trip hazards or a vehicle catching it underneath their wheels and dragging it down the road....i use rectus 26..i find these much more robust than the 21s....

35 minutes ago, Jamesmarshall said:

Sadly Dazmond types without any experience ☹️

Mine lays flat.. maybe because I use warm water (immersion) maybe because it’s guided onto the electric reel that keeps it kink free  

The rectus 21 in the sleeve protector rarely wares, and never pulls off.  I’m not sure of Dazmonds weight point here.

Finally, on the rare occasion I cross a road with the hose it’s only on a quiet housing estate road. But if it’s school time and the hose is running across the pavement, I will put a trip hazard cone on it. I’m sure I read Dazmond no longer carry’s these as there a  trip hazard. 
work to what suits you  😁

33 minutes ago, Minty said:

Sadly Dazmond types without any experience ☹️

Mine lays flat.. maybe because I use warm water (immersion) maybe because it’s guided onto the electric reel that keeps it kink free  

The rectus 21 in the sleeve protector rarely wares, and never pulls off.  I’m not sure of Dazmonds weight point here.

Finally, on the rare occasion I cross a road with the hose it’s only on a quiet housing estate road. But if it’s school time and the hose is running across the pavement, I will put a trip hazard cone on it. I’m sure I read Dazmond no longer carry’s these as there a  trip hazard. 
work to what suits you  😁

i lay my hose across roads all the time,mainly on side roads but i still get lots of cars/bin wagons,etc driving over it.......

i dont bother with trip hazard cones anymore as i kept leaving them on jobs,driving over them and had 2 people nearly fall over them so got rid!i dont miss them!🤣

scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, dazmond said:

IMO you need a bit of weight in the hose to keep it flat to avoid trip hazards or a vehicle catching it underneath their wheels and dragging it down the road....i use rectus 26..i find these much more robust than the 21s....

I've had the same rectus 21 fitting for nearly 2 years now. When it begins to stick I spray WD40 in it and move it about a bit and it works for another week till it sticks again and out comes wd40 again. Its only 3 or 4 small ball bearings sticking due to grit build up. 😉

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.