Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Special offers..

carp boy

Any you guys done special offers etc like say next 50 customers signing up get 6th clean half price.... Or after 12 months get nxt one free..... Just a thought... Any feed back appreciated. 

Ta. 

Any you guys done special offers etc like say next 50 customers signing up get 6th clean half price.... Or after 12 months get nxt one free..... Just a thought... Any feed back appreciated. 

Ta. 
no......ive never done this in 28 years of window cleaning....customers have to pay full price or no clean.....

special "offers"  only attract penny pinching customers....i dont want that sort of customer on my books

If you want a quick way to throwing in the towel after a few years, then by all means do offers. 

Everyone knows that special offers are nothing but a nonsensical gimmick. 

I mean how many times do you see the best ever sale now on with DFS all sofas from £1795 now £955 until monday..its always going to be £955 the 1795 is a made up number to make the actual price seem better. 

Do the following:

1. Charge the right price and stick to it.

2. Do the job correctly

3. Stick to your word, and be punctual. 

Follow the above and you won't need to do anything else. 

Ta. 
Good afternoon, there was a similar post just days ago.

With respect, it's a complete waste of time admin and memory

Just focus on making money as all of these schemes don't ever work

Ta. 
Definitely not! I aim to present and run a professional family business and to be recognised as such. I charge top end of fair. We gained four new regular 6 weekly customers in the last few days. Doesn't often happen like that but I intend to capitalise on it. We have lost a few recently to death, folk moving or folk deciding to do their own windows. As long as the tide of recruitment and income against losses of customers is going our way I'm happy. Generally since starting seven years ago I reckon for every four or five losses we gain five or six recruited and creep the prices up steadily. That will do me the finest.

I would not touch gimmicks. That would cheapen my business status. If I were running a shop I would much rather it be of the status of Harrods than Asda etc with all their bogof offers and gimmicky naff slogans.

Keep it real, professional and proud. You'll feel better about yourself and you'll be more confident in charging a professional top end rate. ⚓?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not! I aim to present and run a professional family business and to be recognised as such. I charge top end of fair. We gained four new regular 6 weekly customers in the last few days. Doesn't often happen like that but I intend to capitalise on it. We have lost a few recently to death, folk moving or folk deciding to do their own windows. As long as the tide of recruitment and income against losses of customers is going our way I'm happy. Generally since starting seven years ago I reckon for every four or five losses we gain five or six recruited and creep the prices up steadily. That will do me the finest.

I would not touch gimmicks. That would cheapen my business status. If I were running a shop I would much rather it be of the status of Harrods than Asda etc with all their bogof offers and gimmicky naff slogans.

Keep it real, professional and proud. You'll feel better about yourself and you'll be more confident in charging a professional top end rate. ⚓?
Thanks...... I was just playing around with idea.. Seems overwhelmingly against the idea... Will be driven by all u guys and experience... Won't b doing it. 

Ta for all advice guys.. 

The only gimmick that might have some legs is, if they refer you and you get the new job knock a tenner off or something.  

anything else a big NO. 

The only gimmick that might have some legs is, if they refer you and you get the new job knock a tenner off or something.  

anything else a big NO. 
I wouldn't sell a friend or acquaintance for a discount or a freeby. I would recommend on merit alone. I'm certain I can trust my friends to have the same integrity.

Nay gimmicks for me laddie!!?

Back