Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning frames using a extension pole not WFP.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Taz69

Hi guys, I use unger extension poles that easily get me from the ground to a height of about 7m. I have the unger clamp which I use on my pole every now and again. But I'm really struggling to find a way tho properly clean upvc frames and cills with my pole. I've tried microfiber cloths, sponges etc. And it's just not working to the standard I want. Is a upvc cleaner really needed? If so how would u use it in companion with a pole? Any advice or how you get around this factor would be highly appreciated. Also if theres any upvc cleaners suitable for pole work what and how would you use them. Thanks guys ?

Hi guys, I use unger extension poles that easily get me from the ground to a height of about 7m. I have the unger clamp which I use on my pole every now and again. But I'm really struggling to find a way tho properly clean upvc frames and cills with my pole. I've tried microfiber cloths, sponges etc. And it's just not working to the standard I want. Is a upvc cleaner really needed? If so how would u use it in companion with a pole? Any advice or how you get around this factor would be highly appreciated. Also if theres any upvc cleaners suitable for pole work what and how would you use them. Thanks guys ?
I think it would be very hard to get them perfect with a pole if they are bad.

I've never tried this but how about using some uPVC cleaner on a wet sponge or pad to clean it and then keep rinsing the sponge out to rinse the cleaner off.

It's a bit long winded but i suppose it could work.

Evening.

I think you are going to struggle just doing UPVC restoration if your not using ladders.

You are unable to see the work surfaces to ensure the job is to a standard

Without WFP you are generating inefficiency as you will be spending alot of time to rinse or wipe off solutions / chemicals used

What are your profit margins and would hiring tower scaffold on day rate be a bonus or loss

In my opinion i really think you need to be at eye level with all your work to ensure it's done correctly and efficiently

Evening.

I think you are going to struggle just doing UPVC restoration if your not using ladders.

You are unable to see the work surfaces to ensure the job is to a standard

Without WFP you are generating inefficiency as you will be spending alot of time to rinse or wipe off solutions / chemicals used

What are your profit margins and would hiring tower scaffold on day rate be a bonus or loss

In my opinion i really think you need to be at eye level with all your work to ensure it's done correctly and efficiently
Well put.

Back