Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

roof scraper blade profiles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi all just wondered if anyone knew where i could acquire the profiles of the most popular tiles for some roof scrapers im making.

i know i could buy the blades and use them but at over a tenner a blade its a bit expensive for a project.

any help would be gratefully received

Hi all just wondered if anyone knew where i could acquire the profiles of the most popular tiles for some roof scrapers im making.

i know i could buy the blades and use them but at over a tenner a blade its a bit expensive for a project.

Get a tile from a builders merchant and buy a profile gauge and make your own , but doubt it would work our a lot cheaper by the time you have finished if you use stainless as it’s a hard substance to cut . 

Get a tile from a builders merchant and buy a profile gauge and make your own , but doubt it would work our a lot cheaper by the time you have finished if you use stainless as it’s a hard substance to cut . 
Thought that, got a plasma cutter and time on my hands ????

Try your local roofing suppliers. I am sure they will have quite a few profiles (probably the majority of the locally used ones) plus they may have broken ones that still have enough profile to make a blade from that might be free ? . Might be worth having a chat to someone in 'the yard' you never know what they might be able to help you find.

Jewson, Travis Perkins. Take some A4 card and a sharpie.

That's what I did. I now have all the profiles in CAD and CNC plasma cut mine

Latest Posts

Back