Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Welded bolts on safety cage?

Hi guys, I've taken delivery of a pure freedom safety cage. It has 5 welded bolts on one side of it. I can only assume that they are there to secure that part of the frame to the bulkhead. Is this correct? Cheers ?

5 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Hi guys, I've taken delivery of a pure freedom safety cage. It has 5 welded bolts on one side of it. I can only assume that they are there to secure that part of the frame to the bulkhead. Is this correct? Cheers ?

I'd say to secure Double DI vessel brackets or 40/40 RO's because NO tank cage ever comes into contact or is secured to a bulkhead because a bulkhead offers zero structural integrity

17 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Purfreedom make system which is plug and play If you have a look at their built up systems you will see that they have additional brackets etc for mounting pumps, controllers, battery, etc. I'm sure you will figure it out from there.

Purefreedom secure their frames and tanks to the van's floor though the bottom stainless steel angle with predrilled holes and spreader plates for underneath the floor. You need to use high tensile bolts and nuts.

If you are planning on fitting this yourself then I would worry with you asking the question you have. (Also considered previous questions in other posts regarding this topic.) Please don't take offence but I would suggest you get it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.  Fitting a tank correctly or incorrectly could well be a life and death situation in an accident.

Edited by spruce

Thanks guys. The frame is booked in to be fitted Tuesday by the professionals ?. Just needed to know what the bolts were for, so I can instruct the installers which way around the cage goes ?

7 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Thanks guys. The frame is booked in to be fitted Tuesday by the professionals ?. Just needed to know what the bolts were for, so I can instruct the installers which way around the cage goes ?

I'm glad you are having it fitted professionally.?

1 hour ago, Jonny 67 said:

Could you not give ask PureFreedom, I'm sure they can advise your installers. Maybe even put them in contact with each other VIA email. 

Yip, I'll give installers pure freedoms details, I'm pretty sure they'll have installed for other local window cleaners ?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.