Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Welded bolts on safety cage?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jonny 67

Hi guys, I've taken delivery of a pure freedom safety cage. It has 5 welded bolts on one side of it. I can only assume that they are there to secure that part of the frame to the bulkhead. Is this correct? Cheers ?

Hi guys, I've taken delivery of a pure freedom safety cage. It has 5 welded bolts on one side of it. I can only assume that they are there to secure that part of the frame to the bulkhead. Is this correct? Cheers ?
I'd say to secure Double DI vessel brackets or 40/40 RO's because NO tank cage ever comes into contact or is secured to a bulkhead because a bulkhead offers zero structural integrity

Purfreedom make system which is plug and play If you have a look at their built up systems you will see that they have additional brackets etc for mounting pumps, controllers, battery, etc. I'm sure you will figure it out from there.

Purefreedom secure their frames and tanks to the van's floor though the bottom stainless steel angle with predrilled holes and spreader plates for underneath the floor. You need to use high tensile bolts and nuts.

If you are planning on fitting this yourself then I would worry with you asking the question you have. (Also considered previous questions in other posts regarding this topic.) Please don't take offence but I would suggest you get it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.  Fitting a tank correctly or incorrectly could well be a life and death situation in an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. The frame is booked in to be fitted Tuesday by the professionals ?. Just needed to know what the bolts were for, so I can instruct the installers which way around the cage goes ?

Thanks guys. The frame is booked in to be fitted Tuesday by the professionals ?. Just needed to know what the bolts were for, so I can instruct the installers which way around the cage goes ?
I'm glad you are having it fitted professionally.?

Back