Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Pole's reach and extended length

Hi everyone,

if a waterfed pole has a reach of 20ft, what will likely be it's actual extended length? Perhaps 18ft?

16 minutes ago, DannyBe said:

Hi everyone,

if a waterfed pole has a reach of 20ft, what will likely be it's actual extended length? Perhaps 18ft?

Good morning. It's a subject that gets many questions.

There's never enough exact measurements and some vary. You've pretty much answered your own question mate.

I never fully extended my pole to the tape marks as the clamps get a hammering

If your looking for a new pole I'd suggest have guidance 30 to 40 foot. That's all I use and covers all the jobs I do.

I think from memory, when I bought my first poles, fibreglass from Streamline that the reach is calculated as the butt end of the pole being held about 4 ft above the ground. Ie : a 22 ft reach was an 18 ft pole.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
8 hours ago, DannyBe said:

Hi everyone,

what you want to be doing is getting the actual length of a pole and go from there.....i use a 25ft xtreme pole for most work and with my height and reach i can add another 8ft on that so my reach is 33ft...

10 hours ago, DannyBe said:

Hi everyone,

Be careful, some companies advertise their poles by reach and others by actual length. I would guess reach would be adding an extra 5ft to the pole length! Don't be tricked into paying more for a shorter pole!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.