Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole's reach and extended length

Hi everyone,

if a waterfed pole has a reach of 20ft, what will likely be it's actual extended length? Perhaps 18ft?
Good morning. It's a subject that gets many questions.

There's never enough exact measurements and some vary. You've pretty much answered your own question mate.

I never fully extended my pole to the tape marks as the clamps get a hammering

If your looking for a new pole I'd suggest have guidance 30 to 40 foot. That's all I use and covers all the jobs I do.

Hi everyone,

if a waterfed pole has a reach of 20ft, what will likely be it's actual extended length? Perhaps 18ft?
what you want to be doing is getting the actual length of a pole and go from there.....i use a 25ft xtreme pole for most work and with my height and reach i can add another 8ft on that so my reach is 33ft...

Hi everyone,

Be careful, some companies advertise their poles by reach and others by actual length. I would guess reach would be adding an extra 5ft to the pole length! Don't be tricked into paying more for a shorter pole!

Back