Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi guys looking to start a window cleaning round

Paul1971

As above on the look out to start a window cleaning round, will need a hose system and a van. 

Just looking for any hints and tips on getting started, does don'ts, what equipment to buy what you don't need, best way to canvas for customers ie leaflets Facebook that kind of thing. 

Any input greatly received thank you kind regards Paul 

Do homework, i know a few windys from Norwich and its saturated with them at the moment.

Not saying dont donit but am saying do alot of homework first as it will be a struggle.

Please can we have some kind of sticky for new chancers..I mean...window cleaners. 

Is there not some kind of keyword that can be set up to prevent " I'm thinking off starting a window cleaning round"

As above on the look out to start a window cleaning round, will need a hose system and a van. 

Just looking for any hints and tips on getting started, does don'ts, what equipment to buy what you don't need, best way to canvas for customers ie leaflets Facebook that kind of thing. 

Any input greatly received thank you kind regards Paul 
Welcome to the forum Paul

My best advice would be to spend around six months doing your homework and really dig deep through the forum threads and vast social media posts from others.

Learn about the types of equipment available and what you think will suit your needs and business model.

research the bands, equipment fittings and techniques whilst recording countless notes.

We have a member that has spent around a year doing just that and has only hit the pavements due to covid.

this trade isn't easy or a quick hop in and make millions

Welcome to the forum Paul

My best advice would be to spend around six months doing your homework and really dig deep through the forum threads and vast social media posts from others.

Learn about the types of equipment available and what you think will suit your needs and business model.

research the bands, equipment fittings and techniques whilst recording countless notes.

We have a member that has spent around a year doing just that and has only hit the pavements due to covid.

this trade isn't easy or a quick hop in and make millions
Yup! 

I spent 6 months helping out another window cleaner whilst doing my research into what equipment I needed along with everything else. 

Never once did I ask ask for help here or anywhere in terms of setting up. Hours and hours of perusing this site and getting practical experience helped me. 

Yup! 

I spent 6 months helping out another window cleaner whilst doing my research into what equipment I needed along with everything else. 

Never once did I ask ask for help here or anywhere in terms of setting up. Hours and hours of perusing this site and getting practical experience helped me. 
@Paul1971 do this and you won't irritate half the forum! ??

Welcome and best of wishes.

This site was very helpful to me when starting out. Just learn to navigate your way around the forum and you will get lots of good advice. Yes there are lots of window cleaners around, some good, some not so good but with hard graft, good knowledge and a little bit of luck it’s possible to make a success in this environment. Good Luck.

Dabber

This site was very helpful to me when starting out. Just learn to navigate your way around the forum and you will get lots of good advice. Yes there are lots of window cleaners around, some good, some not so good but with hard graft, good knowledge and a little bit of luck it’s possible to make a success in this environment. Good Luck.

Dabber
Agree.. Customers soon sort out the wheatt from the chaff. 

@Paul1971 do a business plan

- If i charge x how many customers do i need.

- how many customers a week do i need to reach my target sum.

How long  to reach it (this will be a guess but once started your have an idea).

Do i have the cash to survive to get to the level i require.

- keep costs low to start as you may start and not like it.

Just my personal views.

Never be put off by how many window cleaners are in an city. Canvass canvass canvass, once you've done your homework and know what you're doing. Do a really good job, and that doesn't mean spend an age on one house. Get the price right, and do the job as well as you can. Go after the middle class areas, less messers! All the set up questions and equipment questions are on here. Good luck, if it's for you ?

Back