Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Sprayer to use for SH?

Herm

Hi guys, wanted to ask what sprayers you are using for SH? I do have an x-jet I bought, though was thinking of getting something a little more controllable for little jobs or jobs where it needs more control? 

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi guys, wanted to ask what sprayers you are using for SH? I do have an x-jet I bought, though was thinking of getting something a little more controllable for little jobs or jobs where it needs more control? 

I don't use alot of it so a van mounted 37L BE atv sprayer system works well. May go for an Xjet one day 

SH, Sodium Hypochlorite, or, Laundry Bleach is best for mold treatment, make an effort with LEMKEN, SHOK ,or  SOLO brand.

good luck
thanks, I'm using SH though wanted to ask what sprayers people were using to apply the chemicals. Thanks again

how do you use yours @Hermi find the x jet perfect for even the smaller jobs unless its the weeny small ones where, a watering can suffices or a backpack and nozzle from ben @Rutland Pumpsattached to the pole would work just as well even used a mop and bucket once to good results where you have to be very carefull and don't want to spend hours covering plants and such

Thanks as always APW. How does that work? and do you have a long hose that you use? 
Good evening. I have an ISO power cable that connects into my vans leisure battery.

I have a flow controller box that I made with wireless remote control.

A recycled retractable Lidi air hose reel with 30m of 6mm pvc braided hose and heavy duty brass chemical sprayer lance

how do you use yours @Hermi find the x jet perfect for even the smaller jobs unless its the weeny small ones where, a watering can suffices or a backpack and nozzle from ben @Rutland Pumpsattached to the pole would work just as well even used a mop and bucket once to good results where you have to be very carefull and don't want to spend hours covering plants and such
Maybe I just have to get use to it a little more , over the weekend I'll have a practice around the house and driveway, just felt I couldn't control it very well, unless I'm doing it wrong.

I use a gardiner backpack, wfp and the connection from Rutland Pumps with the purple nozzle jet. Works for me for little cost.
I've been trying to find a Gardiner backpack but can't seem to find them anywhere? You don't have a link where I can get one? I think this might be the easiest way, have the x-jet and then backpack. Thanks

Maybe I just have to get use to it a little more , over the weekend I'll have a practice around the house and driveway, just felt I couldn't control it very well, unless I'm doing it wrong.
how are you using it though? and which colour nozzle have you inserted, i've seen some guys on you tube with an x jet in one hand and a drum of hypo in the other which seems ludicrous to me and a sure way to over spray and looks too ungainly, i'll see if i have a picture or two of how i run mine for you mate.

I've been trying to find a Gardiner backpack but can't seem to find them anywhere? You don't have a link where I can get one? I think this might be the easiest way, have the x-jet and then backpack. Thanks
There are plenty of other Chinese backpacks available, also affordable 20, 30 litre ATV sprayer systems available. They only need a battery

how are you using it though? and which colour nozzle have you inserted, i've seen some guys on you tube with an x jet in one hand and a drum of hypo in the other which seems ludicrous to me and a sure way to over spray and looks too ungainly, i'll see if i have a picture or two of how i run mine for you mate.
it's just been trial and a lot of error mate. If you wouldn't mind sending pics of your setup up that would be ace.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

It will not be back in stock at end July. You will find this is the problem with this game, equipment sells out fairly quickly. I always buy 2 or 3 of anything I need just incase it breaks. I have 3 backpacks but only 2 are working, the other one needs a new pump which I have but no time to do it.
thank you! 

just found a couple of photos, these were for a friend just to show how quick you can apply anything to a drive way with an x jet.

that driveway probably took around two mins to apply the benz (i just prefer benz to hypo by the way) the x jet is on the end of the lance with a grey (you may see it in the picture) plastic valve that i hold alongside the lance so i can turn the mix on and off as required, i use the brown nozzle which is a tad strong but we have a lot of york stone up here and its perfect for that, the beige nozzle would be ideal for every day work and the brown or black for more heavy duty work the only difference between all the nozzles is the amount of mix that is put down on the job.

the second pic is of me using up the benz tub, the customer is a proper clean freak so i have to go overboard a bit so she sees value for money, the grass etc was n't pre soaked as you'll find with time that you can "push" the mix towards the edges and doesn't over spray if you use a wide fan on the x jet.

hope this helps @Herm

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

just found a couple of photos, these were for a friend just to show how quick you can apply anything to a drive way with an x jet.

that driveway probably took around two mins to apply the benz (i just prefer benz to hypo by the way) the x jet is on the end of the lance with a grey (you may see it in the picture) plastic valve that i hold alongside the lance so i can turn the mix on and off as required, i use the brown nozzle which is a tad strong but we have a lot of york stone up here and its perfect for that, the beige nozzle would be ideal for every day work and the brown or black for more heavy duty work the only difference between all the nozzles is the amount of mix that is put down on the job.

the second pic is of me using up the benz tub, the customer is a proper clean freak so i have to go overboard a bit so she sees value for money, the grass etc was n't pre soaked as you'll find with time that you can "push" the mix towards the edges and doesn't over spray if you use a wide fan on the x jet.

hope this helps @Herm

View attachment 24963

View attachment 24964
Looking at the second picture that looks like quite a strong mix Kevin roughly what would it be ?? Ime assuming you are using a neat drum of Benz how much did it use to cover that drive like that ?? Also what pressure are you using the pressure washer at tickover or higher?? Never used an x jet but fir some jobs it might be useful, do you get much drift with it if doing vertical surfaces ?? Sorry fir all the questions ??

hope this helps @Herm

View attachment 24963

View attachment 24964
Brilliant thank you so much for taking the time to find it and reply. I think I've been doing it all wrong lol. I'm getting it out tomorrow so will have a practice. I've not tried Benz, maybe I'll have to try it out?

In the most polite way, all equipment can be found when you search for it and you'll find demonstrations, reviews and techniques

Here is the aforementioned X-jet in use

I think treating an area like that is a waste of time and chemical. I just PW now and treat the lichen that is visible after that. I think it saves alot of money rather than treating the whole area because my twin turbo usually removes most of the lichen. Friday's big PW on a driveway had a few interesting things. Firstly my pressure in my bin slowly dropped but I had good pressure at the tap. At end of job I checked my tap hose which I found had collapsed inside the plastic reel so I have ordered the 6 layer kink resistant hose to replace the cheap hose that's on it. I would have finished an hour earlier if I put my Hercule Poirot head on. Found out the drain at the bottom corner was just an ornament and goes nowhere or soakaway as they call it.

1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

In the most polite way, all equipment can be found when you search for it and you'll find demonstrations, reviews and techniques

Here is the aforementioned X-jet in use

thank you and yes I agree.  I try and watch as much as possible online before asking, though sometimes I don't always find what I'm looking for.

Looking at the second picture that looks like quite a strong mix Kevin roughly what would it be ?? Ime assuming you are using a neat drum of Benz how much did it use to cover that drive like that ?? Also what pressure are you using the pressure washer at tickover or higher?? Never used an x jet but fir some jobs it might be useful, do you get much drift with it if doing vertical surfaces ?? Sorry fir all the questions ??
questions are fine paul, from memory the final benz wash would have cost me around £12, give or take a few penny's, its a strong mix as i do mostly york stone so i keep the same proportioner nozzle in place just for ease of use a litre of benz hear and there in waste in not really a problem to me as the invoice is far more than the material costs (although if i'd changed the proportioner nozzleit may well as used about £8 worth of benz)

the washer was at 3/4 revs but if you lower the revs to start with until you get a feel for it you'll be fine,

i see from a previous post that rickies updated his audi from a black one-good on him, never got on with the tt, damn good electric seats but no good for a six footer like me hence its up for sale.

Back