Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad for 17 years, going into wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pristine clean

Hi all, I’ve just joined the forums!!

ive been a traditional window cleaner for 17 years and making the move to wfp?. I’ve been doing backpack for the odd windows here and there and gutters ect. I’ve just bought a berlingo and looking to get a proper setup and ditch the ladders. I’m looking at buying the tank, pump,real, Controller and split relays all separately to save on costs but Can anyone recommend anywhere that could fit all the gear for me and get me up and running? I don’t have a clue what I’m Doing!!! I also wanted to fit one seat in the back, not sure on layout ect either. I’m in greater Manchester, thanks in advance 

ive been a traditional window cleaner for 17 years and making the move to wfp?. I’ve been doing backpack for the odd windows here and there and gutters ect. I’ve just bought a berlingo and looking to get a proper setup and ditch the ladders. I’m looking at buying the tank, pump,real, Controller and split relays all separately to save on costs but Can anyone recommend anywhere that could fit all the gear for me and get me up and running? I don’t have a clue what I’m Doing!!! I also wanted to fit one seat in the back, not sure on layout ect either. I’m in greater Manchester, thanks in advance 
Putting a rear seat in a Berlingo isn't going to leave you much room for a tank big enough to carry enough water for a full day wfp.

Safety of the rear passenger in case of an accident would also be a concern for me.

I would have looked for a bigger van with 3 seats up front knowing I needed to carry an extra passenger.

Sorry it's probably not the answer you are looking for.

Thanks for your reply spruce, yeah it does have 3 seats upfront, I just thought one more in the back would be handy but like you said it prob wouldn’t be practical with the tank also in there regarding safety.

Adding further to this @Pristine clean there is a manufacturer of tanks that could make up a tank in an L shape to wrap around the rear passenger seat. I can't remember the companies name. I think @kevinc250had one made up so he know the name.

The other thing is that adding a rear seat with seat belts safely should be carried out by a professional company. I don't know if the mounting points in the people carrier are also in the van. If so then a seat from the people carrier could well fit. There is a floor panel in the van floor that covers the footwell as both the people carrier and the van will use the same floorpan. That will need to be cut away.

Even if this is possible you will need to check with your insurance company that a conversion like this is acceptable and that you would be covered.

Good morning. There are many companies online who can be found to do installations when you search for water fed pole window cleaning systems.

With reference to your seat idea it's impossible unless you intend on having a 25L tank

with respect, you need to understand payload, equipment and persons present in the vehicle and safety.

I'm not in any way trying to discourage you, this configuration could be a death trap

the back seat idea is not gonna work in a berlingo mate,forget it.......if i were you id buy a 350l flat wydale tank and strap in down to the eyelets in the van floor with ratchet straps,buy a pumpbox with a controller,battery and pump already installed,a cheap claber reel and 100m of microbore,itll take you an hour to strap it down and plumb into the pumpbox......this is a delivery system only....

i guess your gonna purify your water separately at home?or DI only?

whats your tap tds?

Thanks for your reply spruce, yeah it does have 3 seats upfront, I just thought one more in the back would be handy but like you said it prob wouldn’t be practical with the tank also in there regarding safety.
If you already have 3 up front, I would be more concerned about your payload weight, water in a tank is heavy, I have a Peugeot partner van that has a 600kg maximum payload, I'm 100kg, and I have a 400l tank which is about 400kg. That leaves 100kg for poles, reals, cones and everything else. In the mornings I would be overloaded if I had 1 passenger.

I would look at your manual for your van and see how much weight you can legally carry.

the back seat idea is not gonna work in a berlingo mate,forget it.......if i were you id buy a 350l flat wydale tank and strap in down to the eyelets in the van floor with ratchet straps,buy a pumpbox with a controller,battery and pump already installed,a cheap claber reel and 100m of microbore,itll take you an hour to strap it down and plumb into the pumpbox......this is a delivery system only....

i guess your gonna purify your water separately at home?or DI only?

whats your tap tds?
Thanks for all your reply’s, I’m going to scrap the extra seat idea as realistically it wasn’t going to work was it. That’s not a bad shout. Is it safe to just strap it in as you suggested? At the moment I’m just filling up 25 l drums with the di vessel the TDS is pretty low we’re am. I wanted a tank that I can just plug into my hosepipe and puryfy as it’s filling up?? 

Thanks for all your reply’s, I’m going to scrap the extra seat idea as realistically it wasn’t going to work was it. That’s not a bad shout. Is it safe to just strap it in as you suggested? At the moment I’m just filling up 25 l drums with the di vessel the TDS is pretty low we’re am. I wanted a tank that I can just plug into my hosepipe and puryfy as it’s filling up?? 
i used a 350l flat tank rachet strapped down in a kangoo  for a few years when i first started wfp....it was fine..... 

Is it safe to just strap it in as you suggested?
Strapping down a tank is safe unless you have an accident!!!! The tie down points, generally, don't have any weight rating on them for a reason!!!! They can't take much as they are small diameter and most just go through the thin floor. If you need to strap a tank down then put some new heavy duty tie downs with spreader plates under the chassis and 4 ton ratchet straps. Just remember that a 400lts tank is 400kg and in an accident that could be 4 times as much!

It's a shame we haven't heard from him since to find out how he got on with his upgrade to wfp.

Latest Posts

Back