Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Government alert test tomorrow

Attention all

Please read the following message

Good afternoon all.

The government will be transmitting a national test alert tomorrow across android and ios platforms such as smartphones and tablets to conduct a TEST only
If any of you care for vulnerable elderly or someone with PTSD please notify them now so this message doesn't cause alarm, worry or anxiety
I can authenticate that this is genuine as I searched for it when I saw it pop up.
THIS IS A TEST,  IT IS NOT A CRBM NUCLEAR EARLY WARNING, AND MAY BE USED TO HELP US FIGHT COVID19

https://www.gov.uk/alerts

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a good initiative. Just hope I’m not up a ladder when my phone alarms me with a loud siren! ?

1 hour ago, Armistead Cleaning said:

Sounds like a good initiative. Just hope I’m not up a ladder when my phone alarms me with a loud siren! ?

The Trad purge is between 1 & 2pm ???

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Test is fine the real thing though is another matter ????

Yes your right. I remember when I was at primary school the local council started removing all the cold War sirens from local schools churches and lamp posts around the town.

I've always known about modern day warning systems and the home office ability to transmit across all airwaves overriding any TV stations radio satellite etc.

The world we live in today is no different and with COVID19 it needs something to warn the public that matt Hancock has fu@ked up again

2 hours ago, mike007 said:

Was this announcement on mainstream news and media outlets?

Great point. Absolutely NOT they forgot to tell everyone.

It could scare many, cause motorway accidents as everyone is on their phones and alarm the elderly

47 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Did anyones phone start screaming with sirens and flashing lights?

Mine didn’t

Yes but that probably had something to do with the site I was on.

• Haha 1
On 21/06/2021 at 14:41, Apw1210 said:

Attention all

Please read the following message

Good afternoon all.

The government will be transmitting a national test alert tomorrow across android and ios platforms such as smartphones and tablets to conduct a TEST only
If any of you care for vulnerable elderly or someone with PTSD please notify them now so this message doesn't cause alarm, worry or anxiety
I can authenticate that this is genuine as I searched for it when I saw it pop up.
THIS IS A TEST,  IT IS NOT A CRBM NUCLEAR EARLY WARNING, AND MAY BE USED TO HELP US FIGHT COVID19

April the 1st has passed mate ?

My advice if the real thing ever goes off:

Find a quiet comfortable corner to sit in. Put hands on top of head. Put head between knees and, kiss a..e goodbye!

If it goes off for real we're likely to be in very serious and imminent trouble.

Edited by Davy G

I read today it is not due to be tested till August you can also switch the alerts off in settings.

All quiet here. Probably another thing that was contracted out to lowest bidder who then failed to do the job they were paid for....

2 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

No it's actually legitimate and maybe you should do some research

It says on the website that there is only "a small chance" of your phone being alerted. I think they're testing only on a small section of the country. 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.