Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom reel failure!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Oh dear the new reel masters didn’t last long , last Thursday I had a drip from one of the reels but didn’t have time to look at it and it was only a drip so not urgent , however today Big Bang steam and hot water everywhere, took the hose off and this is what I found . Phoned pure freedom who were very Helpful and the reel is hopefully being collected tomorrow, it looks like the centre spindle has has a fracture for a while and today completely broke off , don’t expect something like with this type of reel , will see what they gave to say when they get it back ????

621DC483-3067-48E9-BC7F-65BE35E4E05E.jpeg

F35B8B39-03B8-4557-AFFF-B5C18C75A175.jpeg

0AD8BBEB-4CAC-47DB-8EF9-66956B87BC8F.jpeg

06A744E7-28BF-439C-B2B9-AB301513F374.jpeg

02BBD1C7-D40A-4905-A4D0-28276E5F6217.jpeg

0BBD8F2D-31B3-4F7A-B36C-11B713B98925.jpeg

6230CC82-3F62-4665-AB18-D2BAC48D4190.jpeg

Oh dear the new reel masters didn’t last long , last Thursday I had a drip from one of the reels but didn’t have time to look at it and it was only a drip so not urgent , however today Big Bang steam and hot water everywhere, took the hose off and this is what I found . Phoned pure freedom who were very Helpful and the reel is hopefully being collected tomorrow, it looks like the centre spindle has has a fracture for a while and today completely broke off , don’t expect something like with this type of reel , will see what they gave to say when they get it back ????

View attachment 24970

View attachment 24971

View attachment 24972

View attachment 24973

View attachment 24974

View attachment 24975

View attachment 24976
I was think maybe getting a reel master but the bulky size is putting me off.

as you know I have the power up hd and 3D but I’m also considering getting the new rapido as the physical size of the reel is quite like the hd and what I have read it’s belt driven which I prefer to chain.  

View attachment 24970

View attachment 24971

View attachment 24972

View attachment 24973

View attachment 24974

View attachment 24975

View attachment 24976
That's shocking mate. Good job it didn't squirt your magic '"hot water" over someone who then tries to claim for burns etc

What's the centre manifold made from?

My Grippatank reels are still going strong but they are stainless steel and they fitted new stronger motors in them. Wouldn't be without them, the time and energy they save is unreal.

I wonder if it became work hardend during its production process

Generally a very stable material and great for a range of temperatures such as marine use in manifolds and heat exchanger cores

I wonder if it became work hardend during its production process

Generally a very stable material and great for a range of temperatures such as marine use in manifolds and heat exchanger cores
If it's a Chinese casting the copper content is circa 55% - 45% copper and zinc when it should be 60% copper and 40% Zinc. This would make it a lot more brittle and more prone to fracture.

Looking at the dark patches on the fracture I would guess it had a weakness in the material! Not good though. 
That’s exactly what I thought I think it was originally over tightened and had fracture cracks then the SUPER HEATED WATER caused a total failure ???? , on a serious note I think that’s whats happened hot cold hot cold all the time has made it expand and contract causing it to fail , they did say they have never experienced it before !!!!!! That’s just my luck ????

If it's a Chinese casting the copper content is circa 55% - 45% copper and zinc when it should be 60% copper and 40% Zinc. This would make it a lot more brittle and more prone to fracture.
Funny you say this as the centre spindles did come from China as pf told me they were waiting for them to arrive and that’s why it took so long to get the reels in the first place as the factories in China were shut due to Covid . 

Back