Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial shop windows with stickers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Taz69

Hi guys, I've took on a job for next week for a commercial takeaway shop and it's the first time ive came across promotional posters/stickers on the outside of the glass as a pose to the inside. Is there any specific way to get around this or has anyone came across this problem before? I don't see why my squeegee wont go over it but I'm just concerned about how much water will drip to the cills. Any advice highly appreciated  ?

Hi guys, I've took on a job for next week for a commercial takeaway shop and it's the first time ive came across promotional posters/stickers on the outside of the glass as a pose to the inside. Is there any specific way to get around this or has anyone came across this problem before? I don't see why my squeegee wont go over it but I'm just concerned about how much water will drip to the cills. Any advice highly appreciated  ?
If a window is wrapped with promotional garbage or retail branding just go over it as glass

If the customer isn't removing it then it's there to stay

There really not that hard squeegee as normal around the decal, wipe the edges.  If a vinyl decal frame to frame go over it like normal washer and squeegee,  if it's perforated (small dots all over it) make sure you wipe it down with your towel because water will be trapped in those small holes itis quick and easy. I do alot on my store front route. 

Deal with it literally every day mate. Some decals and stickers are flush against the glass, some have that small rim where water catches. Most you can wet and go over as per glass. If the sticker/decal is waterproof, start in the middle of the sticker when squeegeeing off and work your way out and off it if that makes sense, so you are not messing with edges and pulling it off the glass. Less excess water that way too.

If the poster is paper/not waterproof and you don't want it wet, you can work around it. Can be wee bit tedious, as you have to wet just above/side/below the poster and when you squeegee the excess off just stop about an inch before the poster and wipe off with cloth. Just but just don't overload the mop or it might drip on poster.

I've made it sound complicated, it's really simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back