Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Poor design from skyscraper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

When you.uy something machine milled and no matter how much you try the actual arm won't sit at a perfect 90 degrees there is something wrong, especially at £215...am I missing something? 

20210622_091732.jpg

20210622_091644.jpg

When you.uy something machine milled and no matter how much you try the actual arm won't sit at a perfect 90 degrees there is something wrong, especially at £215...am I missing something? 

View attachment 24978

View attachment 24979
Absolutely shockingly shite CNC indexing there, that's an OCD nightmare.

The quality control is awful, I'd personally send it back if I had that

I agree with Austin  I would send it back especially at that price  either a full refund or a replacement but looking at that I bet they are all the same , stupid question  but you have tot the teeth meshed together properly?? 

I agree with Austin  I would send it back especially at that price  either a full refund or a replacement but looking at that I bet they are all the same , stupid question  but you have tot the teeth meshed together properly?? 
It looks like one factory has made a piece each and the CAD profile is off rotationally by 5 degrees

I've just spoke to the team at spinaclean and he was brilliant, I explained the situation and he is sending out replacement "toothed" parts, very helpful and hopefully a good resolution

Yeah they are together, perfect 180 degrees must sit exactly In the middle

I've just spoke to the team at spinaclean and he was brilliant, I explained the situation and he is sending out replacement "toothed" parts, very helpful and hopefully a good resolution

Yeah they are together, perfect 180 degrees must sit exactly In the middle
I have always found spinner clean very good and replace stuff without any problems . 

Most likely the fixture moved when cutting the teeth, or the fixture itself doesn't have a clear datum point for the operator.

Looks like the average poor fixture technique, the billet has moved mid process
Yeah although if the billet had moved mid process, id expect the teeth to not be able to engage full stop, and it won't match up with the profiles so I would expect to not even be able to engage the teeth at any position. 

I'm thinking that the fixture was probably designed by the same person who set the tool in the machine and already had a datum process in place, someone else has come along to cover perhaps, and the datum point hasn't been followed either because the person who designed the fixtures didn't show the person the datum point, or that the datum point wasn't clear enough on fixture. And then of course I'm assuming that they haven't gone down the route of a sacrificial fixture by which case it's essential that the tools are set correctly. 

We see so many poorly designed drawings these days from so called university grads I'm surprised that things still function full stop.

Latest Posts

Back