Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just starting, please help.

Stsss

I am about to buy a Ford Transit Connect, for 2.5 grand. But I have no idea of what I need to do to set up my van. I recently finished college and am not rich haha, so instead of paying someone to set it up I am hoping to do it myself, please if you have any advice on how I can do this without spending a ridiculous amount of money, or where I can buy certain parts, any advice etc. I will be so grateful. Thank you in advance :)

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-22 at 14.24.10.jpeg

I am about to buy a Ford Transit Connect, for 2.5 grand. But I have no idea of what I need to do to set up my van. I recently finished college and am not rich haha, so instead of paying someone to set it up I am hoping to do it myself, please if you have any advice on how I can do this without spending a ridiculous amount of money, or where I can buy certain parts, any advice etc. I will be so grateful. Thank you in advance :)

View attachment 24983
This question gets asked so much, people have put really valuable information up already. 
1. You need a little bit of research. Nobody can just start anything without giving it some thought. 2. Have you done it before? 3. Have you got customers? 
you need to think about a few things before anyone can help. In the search bar at the too look at all the posts on new start up. Read through all those. Then you will have some good information to start with. Get an understanding of the systems. 
Not been harsh just some good pointers. 

I am about to buy a Ford Transit Connect, for 2.5 grand. But I have no idea of what I need to do to set up my van. I recently finished college and am not rich haha, so instead of paying someone to set it up I am hoping to do it myself, please if you have any advice on how I can do this without spending a ridiculous amount of money, or where I can buy certain parts, any advice etc. I will be so grateful. Thank you in advance ?

View attachment 24983
Id start reading through the forum and taking notes. It's not a cheap and easy industry to start in.

All the answers are here and can be found by using the search bar

I am about to buy a Ford Transit Connect, for 2.5 grand. But I have no idea of what I need to do to set up my van. I recently finished college and am not rich haha, so instead of paying someone to set it up I am hoping to do it myself, please if you have any advice on how I can do this without spending a ridiculous amount of money, or where I can buy certain parts, any advice etc. I will be so grateful. Thank you in advance ?

View attachment 24983
You need to find out the payload of the van before purchasing it. I think from memory the SWB Connects have a payload of either 650kg or 800kg. The 650kg will be pretty useless if you're going to transport a full tank of water ie: 350L (I'm assuming you're going WFP).

Also you need to get yourself a TDS meter in order to establish what you need in order to produce pure water.

Giving Pure Freedom a ring would be a good start...

Back