Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invoice through door when cleaned windows

SRW

What dose people say on them 

for example I say windows been cleaned today 

date ,price 

but then I put please pay within 7days but what happens is I find that people think oh I have seven days to pay I will do it later 

then I find myself in a week sending reminders

what dose other people do ?

Mine have date clean done , price , and all my contact details , I don’t chase ones for payment most are fine do have a few that owe 2-3 cleans but provided I know them well it’s not a problem , we have a few customers that live abroad and pay 12 months in advance , cash flow is something all business have to deal with , when taking on new work I stress our terms and conditions about payment some get a gentle reminder on the second clean that xxx amount is outstanding if they continue to be a problem they get dumped but this is very rare . We don’t  txt reminders cannot be bothered with that as many change there phones regularly so it’s difficult to keep up to date with there numbers ???? and I have better things to do with my time . 

date ,price 

but then I put please pay within 7days but what happens is I find that people think oh I have seven days to pay I will do it later 

I tell them we're coming the next.day.so don't need to tell them we've been. If payment hasn't been received within 7--10 days I text them next time you're online can you pay us please. Out of a 180 or so residential customers I might have to send between 6 and 10 reminders a month.

I sacked off slips with the COVID as an excuse, do it all by text message.

do all my reminders and payment requests at once in the evening. Just a copy and paste and pop the price in, takes 5/10mins. Tons easier than ******* about with slips, and it’s free.

do all my reminders and payment requests at once in the evening. Just a copy and paste and pop the price in, takes 5/10mins. Tons easier than ******* about with slips, and it’s free.
I do that aswell but I find the payment cards each month can be handed on from a customer. They are handy when at a job and a walk up doesn't have their phone with them and they ask for a card. Usually I tell them to take a photo of my van.

date ,price 

It's down to personal preference and how you wish to present your business to your customers.

It's a common sense approach and the obvious basics like date, payment methods and frequency of payment are key.

Don't forget clear contact details aswell.

so many struggle with the admin side of business but it's crucial to get it right

i print cleaner planner slips out at the end of every day for my next days work....

it contains my contact number,ref number,bank details,logo,date cleaned,last cleaned,price and their outstanding balance....it also says FOR BACS TRANSFER(preferred method of payment)USE FIRST LINE OF ADDRESS SO I CAN IDENTIFY YOUR PAYMENT,PLEASE PAY WITHIN 14 DAYS,THANK YOU

I don’t put slips through the door.

I text the night before to let them know I’m coming .

I text an invoice with the approximate time I did them, and my bank details etc, after the clean. 
I don’t chase late payers until the 3rd clean is due. I’ve never had someone not pay up , so I’m quite relaxed about it.

Same here, I text my invoice now as it can’t get lost. Copy and paste previous invoice with adjustments to date

windows cleaned today

date: 24/06/21

price:£ 1. 00

Kind regards

Window  cleaner

business customers I email a proper pdf invoice that can be printed 

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost completely stopped with payment cards last year, they get an email from GoCardless about the payment request and that's good enough, I might put 4-5 cards through a month if that for the odd cash payer and send the odd text if I forgot to put a card through for the odd one. 

I have double sided postcard size A6 or A5 maybe windows cleaned today and contact details on the front and details about my service on the back, the fact that I am insured offer a text reminder service and that I clean all the doors and frames, as apparently some don't touch the sills spoke to someone the other day and his upper sills are green, he'll be sacking his current windy

I don’t put slips through the door.

I text the night before to let them know I’m coming .

I text an invoice with the approximate time I did them, and my bank details etc, after the clean. 
I don’t chase late payers until the 3rd clean is due. I’ve never had someone not pay up , so I’m quite relaxed about it.
Where abouts in Essex are you Jayti?

wish I could say I haven’t had people not pay been knocked a couple of times  people moved out he area and not paid.

Back