Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

WFP white scum????

Hope someone can offer advice as this forum was super helpful when we started... a regular 5 weekly clean customer has noticed one widow has developed a "white tide" at the bottom has developed. Won't shift with the brush, will a metal pad or blade remove & any idea what it is? Many thanks Nick 

PAUL.jpg

That looks like it's inside the unit. If not it might be limescale, put some Viakal on it, leave it for a few minutes and rinse off.

4 hours ago, Nick1000 said:

Hope someone can offer advice as this forum was super helpful when we started... a regular 5 weekly clean customer has noticed one widow has developed a "white tide" at the bottom has developed. Won't shift with the brush, will a metal pad or blade remove & any idea what it is? Many thanks Nick 

PAUL.jpg

With situations like these you need to identify wether the issue is inside the air gap of the panes IE sealed unit or on the face of the glass. Holding a piece of cardboard against the pane will help identify if it's inside the two units as they may have blown.

Otherwise limescale remover and wait a few minutes to see if it dissolves

• Like 1

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought “Oi don’t call me that!!” 

If you’re certain it’s on the outside then yeah probably limescale. But double check yourself, at least 15 times in this job I’ve been accused of not cleaning the glass properly, just to then find out it was on the inside or in the middle of the glass ??

3 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought “Oi don’t call me that!!” 

If you’re certain it’s on the outside then yeah probably limescale. But double check yourself, at least 15 times in this job I’ve been accused of not cleaning the glass properly, just to then find out it was on the inside or in the middle of the glass ??

Aye, I think I have it in the inside of one of my units but there is no condensation. ?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.