Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

4 6 or 8 week schedule.


Recommended Posts

There’s pros and cons for each of them. 
6-8 you can potentially charge more for very little extra work. 
But you need a lot more customers, so if your building it’ll take a lot longer to be full up. 
My preference is for 4 weekly , but others prefer 6-8. 
There’s no right or wrong answer.  
 

Link to comment

Six weekly if you're wanting to standardise and maximise profits for minimum work time and effort, 100% the best. This has been discussed to death in the past couple of years. Briefly as I can't be bothered to go through the whole thing in too much depth again.

I charge at least £2 more for 6w than for the same job at 4w. Twenty, to over thirty jobs a day for two of us working together. That's a minimum of £40 a day extra into our coffers. Or £200 per week.

Times that by month and year, even allowing for down time with weather and hols it adds up to several thousand pounds more in a year for no extra work. I never got pay rises of more than a few quid when I was working for other people. I'm sure as hell going to maximise my hourly rate now I finally have the opportunity.

Customers are happier as they don't have to find the money as often and it's only a small amount more per visit, the windows will be ready for a clean but just as easy as at 4 weeks. The individual customers save a substantial amount annually, and we don't feel awkward as we're going at the right frequency for both them and us. Coastal will need more frequent visits but we're well inland.

You need more customers but that's an advantage. A bigger bank of customers if folk start dropping off for any reason.

A bit more recruitment required but that should not be a problem. If we can get 100 we should be able to get 150 over time. 600 odd in our case. It's so important to plan for the longer and most profitable road.

I've suggested several times before that my posts on this subject be run by a Good accountant. To date I don't think anyone has. We do some 8w on bigger, more expensive country houses at a higher price of course and a few 4w on shops but 6w is the sweet spot to schedule the main round on.

I'm still inviting anyone to consult a good accountant.

Edit: I had intended to be brief but found it impossible to explain in detail on a brief post.

Edited by Davy G
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Six weekly if you're wanting to standardise and maximise profits for minimum work time and effort, 100% the best. This has been discussed to death in the past couple of years. Briefly as I can't be bothered to go through the whole thing in too much depth again.

I charge at least £2 more for 6w than for the same job at 4w. Twenty, to over thirty jobs a day for two of us working together. That's a minimum of £40 a day extra into our coffers. Or £200 per week.

Times that by month and year, even allowing for down time with weather and hols it adds up to several thousand pounds more in a year for no extra work. I never got pay rises of more than a few quid when I was working for other people. I'm sure as hell going to maximise my hourly rate now I finally have the opportunity.

Customers are happier as they don't have to find the money as often and it's only a small amount more per visit, the windows will be ready for a clean but just as easy as at 4 weeks. The individual customers save a substantial amount annually, and we don't feel awkward as we're going at the right frequency for both them and us. Coastal will need more frequent visits but we're well inland.

You need more customers but that's an advantage. A bigger bank of customers if folk start dropping off for any reason.

A bit more recruitment required but that should not be a problem. If we can get 100 we should be able to get 150 over time. 600 odd in our case. It's so important to plan for the longer and most profitable road.

I've suggested several times before that my posts on this subject be run by a Good accountant. To date I don't think anyone has. We do some 8w on bigger, more expensive country houses at a higher price of course and a few 4w on shops but 6w is the sweet spot to schedule the main round on.

I'm still inviting anyone to consult a good accountant.

Edit: I had intended to be brief but found it impossible to explain in detail on a brief post.

Thanks for the brief reply. ???? Makes sense. Apologies if been bought up before over past 2 years or so but I've only been here few months and not seen thread. Cheers... 

Link to comment

We only offer 4-8 on domestic that’s what most want down hear most ask for monthly well over 90% in fact , you are then in the same road every 4 weeks so 8 weekly fits in well for a higher charge . 

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, carp boy said:

Thanks for the brief reply. ???? Makes sense. Apologies if been bought up before over past 2 years or so but I've only been here few months and not seen thread. Cheers... 

You're very welcome. It's standard for the same subject to do the rounds repeatedly over time as people like your good self come into the trade. I don't think there's a subject that hasn't been repeated over and over. Don't let that stop you if you have questions to ask. Meanwhile have a play around with the search bar at the top of the pages.

Jets, hot water and electric reels are due the rounds again...

Takes cover sniggering behind the sofa. ??

Edited by Davy G
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Davy G said:

You're very welcome. It's standard for the same subject to do the rounds repeatedly over time as people like your good self come into the trade. I don't think there's a subject that hasn't been repeated over and over. Don't let that stop you if you have questions to ask. Meanwhile have a play around with the search bar at the top of the pages.

Jets, hot water and electric reels are due the rounds again...

Takes cover sniggering behind the sofa. ??

Oh no not the hot water thread @steve garwood will be berating me again ???????

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Monthly as it gives you a few days off every month and customers know they can budget for 1 clean a month

Link to comment
3 hours ago, carp boy said:

If u could would you put everyone on a 4 week schedule or 6 week or 8 week and why. ?

For me it's 4 & 6 weekly.

It's what the customer stipulates and works well for me

Link to comment

6 and only 6. Used to do the 4/8, but hard to keep organised when you are busy, end up with the 8’s out of sync and all due together! Get less cancellations on 6 too, 4 weeks can come round too quickly.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, High-tower said:

6 and only 6. Used to do the 4/8, but hard to keep organised when you are busy, end up with the 8’s out of sync and all due together! Get less cancellations on 6 too, 4 weeks can come round too quickly.

Thanks......... Seems  overwhelming favour of 6.. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I’m slightly digressing here but-

 

I got asked to quote a reasonable sized house near me. He wanted outside every 4 weeks and inside and out every 8. 
I quoted £40 for the outside, and £100 inside and out. 
I got the job. 
It’s turns out he had rung 4 other cleaners. 
2 declined. 1 was too busy, 1 didn’t do insides. 1 wanted £100 just to do the inside. 
 

Strangely the cheapest was someone who would do it for £30 inside , £65 inside and out, but he didn’t get the job because he only did 6 weekly and he wouldn’t budge, which is his prerogative .But his business model clearly needs a serious rethink.


 If your going to do 6 weekly that’s fine ,but make sure your prices are 6 weekly prices, otherwise it’s just not worth it. 

You’ll end up having to find 50% more customers, for no extra money. 

Edited by Jaygti
Spelling
Link to comment

I started by offering 4/6/8 weekly but soon found that as the customer base grew it was more difficult to manage, so moved everybody to 6weekly with the exception of 1 round which is pretty much all coastal which is still 4 weekly, and 2 HUGE houses which are £160 & £170 jobs theyve stayed at 8weekly so every other timw i do the 4weekly i also do the 2 big ones.

Link to comment

4 and 8 weekly make up the vast majority of my work but i also have some 6 weekly,12 weekly and once or twice a year jobs....no problem with organising as i only have 342 jobs at present....i never want to be rammed with work every day....

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Jaygti said:

I’m slightly digressing here but-

 

I got asked to quote a reasonable sized house near me. He wanted outside every 4 weeks and inside and out every 8. 
I quoted £40 for the outside, and £100 inside and out. 
I got the job. 
It’s turns out he had rung 4 other cleaners. 
2 declined. 1 was too busy, 1 didn’t do insides. 1 wanted £100 just to do the inside. 
 

Strangely the cheapest was someone who would do it for £30 inside , £65 inside and out, but he didn’t get the job because he only did 6 weekly and he wouldn’t budge, which is his prerogative .But his business model clearly needs a serious rethink.


 If your going to do 6 weekly that’s fine ,but make sure your prices are 6 weekly prices, otherwise it’s just not worth it. 

You’ll end up having to find 50% more customers, for no extra money. 

What do you mean make sure its 6 week prices..? A few pounds more than 4 weekly? 

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, carp boy said:

What do you mean make sure its 6 week prices..? A few pounds more than 4 weekly? 


I’m saying the main reason to go 6 weekly, is that you can change more for little extra work. 
If your 6 weekly prices are the same as 4 weekly prices, then there’s little point. 
 

you’d have to ask a 6 weeker, but I’d guess if you charge £30 for 4 weeks, then you’d need to charge £35-£40 to make it worthwhile. 
Make sure you explain to the customer what your doing too. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, steve garwood said:

6 weekly.

Close thread ???‍?

By far the most intelligent & sensible thing you’ve ever said Steve ?

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept