Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Total newbie question

I’m a total newbie here looking at WFP backpacks. The area that I live in has a TDS of less than 60, so soft water area. Is it okay to use tap water in soft water areas for windows?

Also, what WFP backpack would you recommend.

thanks for your time, sorry if the question is below pathetic but like I said ‘newbie’, don’t soak me?

No,  60 is far too high. It needs to be fun through some resin. 
It needs to be 000 or fractionally above otherwise you’ll get spotting. 

5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

It would need to be put through resin to reduce that reading as low to 000 as possible. 

Beat me too it?

1 hour ago, Gaz36 said:

I’m a total newbie here looking at WFP backpacks. The area that I live in has a TDS of less than 60, so soft water area. Is it okay to use tap water in soft water areas for windows?

Also, what WFP backpack would you recommend.

thanks for your time, sorry if the question is below pathetic but like I said ‘newbie’, don’t soak me?

Simple answer NO..

It's not that easy mate

Use the search box and read a little more about water

29 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Double di set up will save you a lot of money on resin.

Thanks, Is that easy enough to set up?

Yes, very easy. Instead of using one di vessel, you use two. When your tds reading gets to 001/004 you change the resin in the first vessel which is the vessel that is nearest the water supply. Move the second vessel to the front and the vessel with the new resin becomes the second vessel. Repeat the process each time the tds gets to 001/004 ?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
30 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

Yes, very easy. Instead of using one di vessel, you use two. When your tds reading gets to 001/004 you change the resin in the first vessel which is the vessel that is nearest the water supply. Move the second vessel to the front and the vessel with the new resin becomes the second vessel. Repeat the process each time the tds gets to 001/004 ?

Great Thanks 

A good R/O would take it down around 2 or 3 which would be perfectly acceptable to clean windows. If you're on a meter then Di, if you're not then just an R/O

Edited by Part Timer
On 24/06/2021 at 23:11, Part Timer said:

A good R/O would take it down around 2 or 3 which would be perfectly acceptable to clean windows. If you're on a meter then Di, if you're not then just an R/O

A good standard R/O from http://daqua.co.uk will get 60-80ppm down to 0 mine does 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.