Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Total newbie question

Gaz36

I’m a total newbie here looking at WFP backpacks. The area that I live in has a TDS of less than 60, so soft water area. Is it okay to use tap water in soft water areas for windows?

Also, what WFP backpack would you recommend.

thanks for your time, sorry if the question is below pathetic but like I said ‘newbie’, don’t soak me?

No,  60 is far too high. It needs to be fun through some resin. 
It needs to be 000 or fractionally above otherwise you’ll get spotting. 

I’m a total newbie here looking at WFP backpacks. The area that I live in has a TDS of less than 60, so soft water area. Is it okay to use tap water in soft water areas for windows?

Also, what WFP backpack would you recommend.

thanks for your time, sorry if the question is below pathetic but like I said ‘newbie’, don’t soak me?
Simple answer NO..

It's not that easy mate

Use the search box and read a little more about water

Yes, very easy. Instead of using one di vessel, you use two. When your tds reading gets to 001/004 you change the resin in the first vessel which is the vessel that is nearest the water supply. Move the second vessel to the front and the vessel with the new resin becomes the second vessel. Repeat the process each time the tds gets to 001/004 ?

Yes, very easy. Instead of using one di vessel, you use two. When your tds reading gets to 001/004 you change the resin in the first vessel which is the vessel that is nearest the water supply. Move the second vessel to the front and the vessel with the new resin becomes the second vessel. Repeat the process each time the tds gets to 001/004 ?
Great Thanks 

Back